I want to buy a game for my macbook and im not sure what to get. I want a game that is pretty popular and i can go online and play other people even (if they are on windows preferably). I was thinking maybe a racing game or a first person shooter. Do you guys know of any games that i should check out?

Games + Mac = Error.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
call of duty ftw. i have the second one but its torrented so i cant play online
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Quote by AcsticRckr89
yeah yeah yeah.. i know that macs are not known for games... but i wanted a mac for music and such... and now i wanna get a game

Well, you can't have both.

Your only option is to run a Windows emulator which will lower the performance of your Mac. You should've just bought a Windows machine, they do everything you need.

Quote by Smokey Amp

Your only option is to run a Windows emulator which will lower the performance of your Mac. You should've just bought a Windows machine, they do everything you need.

that is not my only option... i know that there are games out there for mac.. just not as many and not as good... i just want something to fill my free time
Quake 3 is the shiznit

(though many of the people still playing online are pretty hardcore...at least if you go for the CPMA or RA3 stuff..... there are some hardcore people still playing the old QuakeWorld)
Last edited by seljer at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by Smokey Amp

Games + Mac = Error.

+1 Although Quake WAS good.
666 BRO
Quote by Smokey Amp

no its not. you can run windows natively on macs now. using boot camp, theres no performance loss.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
no its not. you can run windows natively on macs now

Really? Well, that's an improvement, but at the end of the day, why not just buy a PC if you're going to install a Windows OS on it?

It shows just how far Apple will go to capture the mainstream by the way they're actually allowing a rival operating system onto their systems. Microsoft are laughing all the way to the bank with that one.

world of warcraft is on the mac. thats all i can remember seeing at the apple store.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Really? Well, that's an improvement, but at the end of the day, why not just buy a PC if you're going to install a Windows OS on it?

It shows just how far Apple will go to capture the mainstream by the way they're actually allowing a rival operating system onto their systems. Microsoft are laughing all the way to the bank with that one.

because then you can run OSX, but have the freedom to use windows either on its own, or within OSX (using parallels) for those things where OSX doesnt have suitable software.

and i'm pretty sure its apple who are laughing all the way to the bank, given this has greatly increased their market share, lead to them selling huge amounts of hardware, and helps encourage people to crossover. think about it. someone thinks 'oh, i'll switch now that i can use both'. then they realise that actually, they dont need windows at all really. all of a sudden, you've got lots of new mac users.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
ALL Blizzard games are dual platform, (there's not even a seperate Mac version, you just pop in the regular CD).

Also, the Original Halo still has a couple thousand players online at any given time.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.