its time to upgrade. my ibanez RG120 is getting old, and its not meeting up with my new standards, haha. here's the kind of guitar i'm looking for...

$300-$500
sounds good for alternative genre
high quality sound - good enough to record good demos with off of a Marshall JCM900
24 frets (i know it sounds like an odd specification but yeah..)
preferably a glossy finish look to it.

any ideas? i've been researching for a couple months now and i've only found about three guitars that really interest me at all.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
schecter.
OLD peavey guitars are the best you can get for that price by far in my opinion. They are almost all USA made with Kahler Tremolos (incredible systems). They are screaming metal monsters. Look at Peavey Tracer, g-ninety, and Nitro series. ebay, craigslist, whatever. they are incredible guitars man. and will run you 200-300.
thanks man. any schecter models i should specifically look into?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
the schecter is amazing. little bit outa your price range. c-1 FR is real nice, gryphons were nice. hellraisers rule. Look for old schecter V1's. they were about 800 new, but now sell for about 300-400, they have a floyd rose equipped, very nice guitars, they discontinued them in 2000.
thanks man, i'll be sure to look into them.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

well a schecter that it freakin amazing, has 24 frets, and sounds good for alt-rock/hard rock is the synyster custom...only problem is its out of your price range
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEC1FRHR

there's the guitar i'm looking at. anyone ever worked with it? suggestions? pros/cons?

and as far as the Synyster Gates custom, i despise the look.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

^I thought your budget was $500? That guitar is $800.
Well, anyway, if you do have that kind of budget, check out this guitar:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964
It will need a pickup swap, but the trem is much better than the one on the Schecter.

I also suggest getting a new amp.