The switch on my Epi LP is behaving very erratically, sometimes not turning neck on, occasionally not turning the bridge on or not blending the two.

Is a new switch called for or is there some kind of lube for the job?

Sorry if its in the wrong forum, GB&C looked most appropriate.

Cheers.
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
check to see if there are any shorts on the switch (two terminals touching when they shouldnt). id reccomend getting a new one if it keeps giving you ****, especially since cost very little money. i recently ordered one off of guitarfetish.com i havent gotten it yet, but everything else ive ever gotten off that site has been great, considering the price too
The wire connecting the neck pup is probbly loose or has a bad connection. It is not uncommon for cheap guitars to have "iffy" wiring. No big deal though, happened to one of mine, easy to fix.
Quote by strq010
check to see if there are any shorts on the switch (two terminals touching when they shouldnt). id reccomend getting a new one if it keeps giving you ****, especially since cost very little money. i recently ordered one off of guitarfetish.com i havent gotten it yet, but everything else ive ever gotten off that site has been great, considering the price too

Cheers
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
One of my Elitists suffers with these very symptoms. If you play with the switch and it comes back it may simply be dirty! I'm currently looking for some quality contact cleaner to cure this and will let you know how I make out.
Yep, most likely dirty. Get some good contact cleaner and give it a good squirt, then work it back and forth a few times. While you're at it might as well do the volume and tone pots too, if the switch is dirty they probably aren't far behind right?

Radio Shack carries some pretty decent contact cleaner, one of the few things I bother to get from them any more, the jacks, pots and switches they carry are crap. If you need a new switch, get it from a local guitar store, I think the most expensive one in the shop when I replaced mine about 6 months ago was $12.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
I did finally hit "The Source" (AKA Radio Shack) this weekend and bought the contact cleaner they had. It was expensive for the small aerosol can but worked like a charm.
Perfect time to rewire your guitar, Get some splittable HB's and wire in a 5 way or my personal fav, miniswitches... OOOOH SHINY!