Hey guys, I was looking at buying a mesa single rectifier head and a marshall 1960 cab this weekend. However I saw a good deal on a mesa Rect-o-verb combo. From what I understand, The rect-o-verb is sort of the combo version of the single rectifier. I'm going to try out both amps this weekend but I was wondering what the main differences bewteen these 2 amps are.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
well, i dont really know the main differences, but i have played both amps and i like the single rectifier better, but that's just my opinion
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)
  • Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony w/ gold hardware)
  • Mesa Triple Rectifier Head
  • Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Traditional Cab
  • Too many pedals to list...

Quote by Fender_punk
Hey guys, I was looking at buying a mesa single rectifier head and a marshall 1960 cab this weekend. However I saw a good deal on a mesa Rect-o-verb combo. From what I understand, The rect-o-verb is sort of the combo version of the single rectifier. I'm going to try out both amps this weekend but I was wondering what the main differences bewteen these 2 amps are.

It's a combo with reverb vs. a half stack without. I think that's the only difference.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by SLVRSTN+HH4LIFE
well, i dont really know the main differences, but i have played both amps and i like the single rectifier better, but that's just my opinion

They're the same amp, except one has reverb. Both come in head forms.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
cool, thanks guys, I think I'll pick up that rect-o-verb. It's a combo thats cheaper than the head so that's ok with me!
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Yeah I just ordered a Rectoverb, it's a nice amp and is very versatile for the price.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
It's your choice entirely. However, after lugging a rectoverb combo down the stairs at work, I feel you should know that it is extremely heavy. You wouldn't want to carry it far.
Not that an additional 4x12 is gonna be light, but it's got handles on each side, and is still a fair bit lighter. I hope for your sake that you own a car.

Good luck
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by papersun87
. . . how are the cleans? I love the lead channel but I've heard mixed reviews about the cleans.

I've been looking around at amps lately and I was hoping someone would bring this up so I wouldn't have to. :P

It has amazing cleans if you know how to dial them in properly. Thats the thing, Mesas get a bad reputation for sounding bad or weird when the people just don't know how to dial them in. They're not very easy to dial in but once you learn you can get almost any sound out of them.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.