hey, ive been looking into emg pups lately, kindof like everyone else. anyways, for a neck pickup ive settled on the 60A, but im a little biased against the 81, cus im pretty sure that absolutely everyone has it, and i hate sounding like other guitarists. so i realized that the custom shop 58 has a slightly lower resonant peak than the 81, which is already a fatty pickup, so the 58 should in theory be even fatter, which i love.

does anybody have any experience with the 58? or any other combination besides the 81-85, or 81-60?
Quote by strq010
hey, ive been looking into emg pups lately, kindof like everyone else. anyways, for a neck pickup ive settled on the 60A, but im a little biased against the 81, cus im pretty sure that absolutely everyone has it, and i hate sounding like other guitarists. so i realized that the custom shop 58 has a slightly lower resonant peak than the 81, which is already a fatty pickup, so the 58 should in theory be even fatter, which i love.

does anybody have any experience with the 58? or any other combination besides the 81-85, or 81-60?

According to the EMG website the 58 is more like a P-90 so the output wont be as high as the other pups even if the sound is fatter, so if you're going with it for a metal choice you might be better off with the standard 81 or 85 in it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.