Are you guys retarded or something? How the hell are they anything BUT metal.....?

My friend told me this site was good for music but that's just plain retarded.
SHUT
THE
HELL
UP

reported, don't post
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

I'm not sure....but we dont question if we're not regulars in the metal forum or else we get eaten and our faces hammer smashed.
Quote by Squiddy09
Why because I must obey thou holy opinions? I cannot have my own?

mods are gods...any other opinion must be blasphemy
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
how about we just say trivium is not very good metal, would you meet half way with that?
I think it's a bit out of order just trying to throw me out like that for having an opinion, what's wrong, hear something you don't like so you just ignorantly dismiss anything I say?

Well, well done mate, way to show maturity. How old are you Mike, 10?
Quote by apm505
how about we just say trivium is not very good metal, would you meet half way with that?

Haha, nice.
their technically metal core, which is a part of the hard core semi genre, there is a place somewere in google where it says the differences.

hey they got new sig. models eh? im not a fan of them, but at least they have floydroses. and they aint playin dimebags anymore.
DAVE MUSTAINE FOR SUPREME RULER OF THE WORLD
hmm if it isn't "true metal" then it isn't metal to some. then again what band truly qualifies as metal nowadays.With all the subgenres that MTV has come up with, the "core" slapped at the end of everything and the viewers that perpetuate them, i'd say none.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by Squiddy09
I think it's a bit out of order just trying to throw me out like that for having an opinion, what's wrong, hear something you don't like so you just ignorantly dismiss anything I say?

as original as you think you are posting a trivium defense in the metal forum, keep in mind you're simply one of hundreds of whiny idiots who've made a thread like this before. please read the stickeys before reffering to others as 'ignorant'.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Squiddy09

I remember the days of the how old are you? 10? retort. Classic 15 year old move, good 5 year buffer.
Quote by apm505

i second that
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by Masonpwiley
They are metalcore. How does that make them not metal?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338207
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
"HOW is Trivium NOT metal!? "

Thats like asking: "HOW is preforming fellatio GAY!?"
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
Quote by Masonpwiley
They are metalcore. How does that make them not metal?

It's debatable whether metalcore is metal or not, but the mods on UG have decided that metalcore goes in the hardcore forum. It's really no use arguing because that's just the way things are set up at UG. It doesn't mean metalcore is crap. Just go to the hardcore forum if you want to talk about Trivium and don't worry about it.
Quote by shredhead22
as original as you think you are posting a trivium defense in the metal forum, keep in mind you're simply one of hundreds of whiny idiots who've made a thread like this before. please read the stickeys before reffering to others as 'ignorant'.

I'll let your forum title do the talking for me

Quote by apm505
I remember the days of the how old are you? 10? retort. Classic 15 year old move, good 5 year buffer.

I still remember the days of, "(copy comment made), oh man that is so old...", classic troll move.

I'm not here to argue I'm here to discuss about music so please just go away if your only intention is to start an argument.

I don't see the point of these sub categories, I know each sub-genre is different in it's own way but at the end of the day, it's still metal, right? Who cares what exact, 100%, specific type it is, let's just call it metal and stop all this arguing over it!
You can argue all you want. IMO it IS metal but there is a thread at the top of the metal forum that pretty explicitly tells you not to discuss it. Don't blame me, you fucking asshat, and try to read the post next time.

It's metalcore. In my book, that's metal. Since the metal regulars would hate Trivium to be in the metal forum, they put them in the hardcore forum. Don't blame me. Notice how I agree with your views, I just don't post a thread that is specifically addressed in a sticky.

EDIT: If you'd seen my profile, you'd see I'm 16. Not that age necessarily has an influence on maturity.

Quote by BlueGatorade
reported...bashing is a no no

You try wading through a thousand of these threads, for which a sticky has been specifically been created, and tell me that. I realize my words may be harsh, but its starting to get annoying. I don't even hate Trivium, I actually think pre-The Crusade Trivium is great, and Ascendancy is the album that got me into metal and an excellent metal album.
Quote by Twist of fate

Last edited by mike130 at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by Makkis
It's debatable whether metalcore is metal or not, but the mods on UG have decided that metalcore goes in the hardcore forum. It's really no use arguing because that's just the way things are set up at UG. It doesn't mean metalcore is crap. Just go to the hardcore forum if you want to talk about Trivium and don't worry about it.

Couldn't of put it better. And by continuing to be all badass and "fighting the power over the metal forum tyranny" doesn't make you cool or anything. So please just make this easier for all of us (especially you) and stop this pointless argument.
cmon now EVERYBODY likes to put things in a little category.it's all preference. if you don't like the idea of subgenres then don't use them.

if you post in the hardcore forums then the people who listen to actual hardcore will tell you trivium isn't hardcore either. it's a lose-lose situation.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
It's pretty sad how you have to resort to petty name calling, I'm sorry that you have to be that way.

Well if you agree with me, then why are you not doing something about it, instead of just letting people walk all over you? Surely if you agree then you would try to remove such strict censorship with the forum...?
Quote by Squiddy09
It's pretty sad how you have to resort to petty name calling, I'm sorry that you have to be that way.

Quote by Squiddy09

Yes, I'm the one resorting to name calling.

Quote by Squiddy09
Well if you agree with me, then why are you not doing something about it, instead of just letting people walk all over you? Surely if you agree then you would try to remove such strict censorship with the forum...?

I agree that Trivium is metalcore. That is, metal with hardcore influences. That makes it metal in my book, but in the books of many, it isn't. With genres, popular opinion is generally the truth.

Even if Trivium is technically considered to be metal, it can still be put in the hardcore forum, seeing as it does have hardcore influences, leaving metalheads to their kvlt and br00tal bands, making a large group of people happy.

Censorship? You fucking kidding me? Post them in the hardcore forum, not like you can't talk about them or you get shot.

Would you say the same if I posted a Green Day thread in the Punk forum?

EDIT: Does it normally take this long for a mod to see a report?
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by Squiddy09

It's pretty much a situation of picking your battles. I'm not saying I agree with you (personally dislike Trivium), but is it really worth rallying the internet hoards because "some no good meanie moderator won't let me post Trivium in the metal forum"?
I looked up one of their songs. All comments made are based on the song "Dying in Your Arms".

Well. There's a lack of metallic riffage. That's pretty unmetal in my book. Breakdowns. That's like a hardcore signature or something. They've also got those harmonizing guitars going.

I'm not really 100% sure on what I said. I'm not like a music historian or anything.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by Makkis

I think a couple of the mods/ex-mods have even said that metalcore could be considered a subgenre of metal. The main reason for the transfer of metalcore to the hardcore forum is the huge amount of traffic that results from the metalcore trend (and the general n00bery of its followers).

Meh. Metalheads may say metalcore isn't metal, but there are just as many hardcore fans who say metalcore isn't hardcore. It's both, and should be accepted as such by fans of both genres. However, that has no bearing on where the mods decide it should be discussed, and just because it's not discussed in here doesn't mean it isn't a legit metal subgenre.

Quote by abcdboy
I looked up one of their songs. All comments made are based on the song "Dying in Your Arms".

Well. There's a lack of metallic riffage. That's pretty unmetal in my book. Breakdowns. That's like a hardcore signature or something. They've also got those harmonizing guitars going.

I'm not really 100% sure on what I said. I'm not like a music historian or anything.

That's the worst song you could have picked to make a judgement. I mean, they do have quite a few more "meh" songs than they do good ones, but that one just sucks.
Look, guys....

OK, whatever. We have had out little tantrums, points have been made, cried over, shat over...

Sorry, it won't change where Trivium are discussed, which is the hardcore forum. Let's just leave it, and go post in a thread worth posting in (if you like Trivium, there is a Trivium Thread in Hardcore). Now, either the threadstarter can close this thread, or a mod can. Either way...
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by abcdboy

....NO, you're about 15% right on what you said. Not trying to diss what you said man, but they use a lot of formats that would be considered metal. For breakdowns, I don't even understand that arguement (and it's made a lot by people who can't think of anything else) Breakdowns are used almost by every metal band, maybe just not as much. But that shouln't effect a whole genre. And guitar harmonizing... wtf? All types of music use that. Doesn't matter type, genre it is. But I do understand what you're saying it, sounds pretty gay how trivium do it.

As a whole, the reason why metalcore isn't allowed in here, is because the metal forum is one of the most used forums on here. If we allowed ALL types it would be uncontrolable, and basically be like "The Pit" which is hard enough to mod. Plus, think of this forum as the "Tr00, kvlt, and br00tal" forum. It's for metal that has (for the most part) stuck to the roots of metal and have lots of hardcore influence, instead, if anything it's more thrash.

We're not saying you can't talk about Trivium, just do it in the Hardcore forum. Thats it's designated forum and will be more wideley accepted rather then these annoying and pathetic threads. So please, just talk about it there.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug

I mean like harmonizing leads. With major thirds. That just seems to be like the metalcore thing to me. And I've always noticed a difference between a good breakdown, and a metalcore breakdown. Metalcore breakdowns kinda suck.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
I mean like harmonizing leads. With major thirds. That just seems to be like the metalcore thing to me. And I've always noticed a difference between a good breakdown, and a metalcore breakdown. Metalcore breakdowns kinda suck.

Harmonized leads are more of a melodic death thing.
I agree with Deathbyspoon, they suck anyway. IMO Trivium, can go die in hell over and over and over...and so on. Yes, just because I think they suck.
Quote by Scourge441
Harmonized leads are more of a melodic death thing.

and power metal