Page 1 of 2
y the hell are orange amps so freaking expensive

i want one badly but will never b able to afford one ....................
anybody know were to get one cheap
Quote by dfc_jebus
there were pigeons having a huge orgy on the floor at lunch one time.

Quote by hippieboy444
get picture of her, jack-off, & wipe the cum on it.

I suppose if you wanted an orange amp you could just paint it
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
You get what you pay for! It's like asking why a Mercedes or Porsche is so expensive. Because of the quality & engineering that went into designing & producing them. Orange is a product that is far superior to most in terms of sound quality, quality of components, & reliability.
Keep saving. I want an Orange too, & I already have 2 nice amps!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Cause theyz gots zirkons inside'um.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
They just sound so good. I tried out a bunch of amps, and I kept turning back to Orange Amps. They're just the exact sound I was looking for.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
They really aren't that expensive. Look at Mesa. They are similar in prices, but look at all the guys running around with dual recs or mark IVs. I got a tiny terror for $515. It cost less than a Hot Rod Deluxe or a classic 30. So take that. And besides, if you are afraid it's too quite, mic it. It's not hard. There's no reason to look at the price of say a rockerverb 100, because there is NO reason to get one. A rocker 30 is so loud, you wont get it past 5 in your house without blowing your doors off. Trust me. So the prices really aren't that "crazy".
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Sep 5, 2007,
Tiny Terrors aren't that pricy, and you could try and get one used too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Class A does not imply quality of build or sound quality. It just tells you how many sides of the tube are being used.

If you want one so freaking bad, then you know why they're expensive. because they're worth it. I loved my thunderverb, but replacing the tubes was not in my budget at the time. there may only be 4 power tubes, but those ones are pricey, they put out like, 50 watts each.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Orange is only as expensive as other amps of similar quality. Someone else said messa, different sound but about the same price. Also look at companies like Diezel etc, they are more expensive than alot of Oranges. But they do produce a cheaper amp (no cheaper in quality tho!!), the tiny terror screams, and it its cheaper than alot of other great valve amps!
Quote by Metal_Injection
I got my first Orange today!!!! Its a Orange crush 15 watt with reverb, just a practice amp!! let me join!!!!

Quote by slatsmania
You can, but you have to sit at the kids' table for dinner.

Gibson LP + Orange Rocker 30
Well as said they ain't that expensive.

I'm 16 and can get one. Jinskee is 15 and has one.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by kh203man
anybody know were to get one cheap

If anyone knew that, half of UG would be proud Orange owners.

Orange amps aren't overexpensive or stupidly priced *cough*Marshall*cough*. You pay for what you get, and what you get is some of the finest tones in the non-boutique business.
orange cabs are the shiznit. perfect for metal. the cabs are build so solid and they are slightly smaller than most cabs so the low end totally thumps without getting woofy and remaining tight and defined. orange cab + engl head = djent djent djent!
Quote by kh203man
y the hell are orange amps so freaking expensive

i want one badly but will never b able to afford one ....................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
like gabe said, im only 16 but i managed to gather together £1400+ by working my tits off... worth it though.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
My friend has a low-end orange amp. He loves it but I don't have the heart to tell him that it sounds like ****. The better ones are really great, but the cheap ones suck. I suppose this is the case with every company, though.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Orange amps are fairly cheap actually. Looks at some Bogners, VHTs, Soldanos, ect. now those are expensive.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
They aren't expensive.

Expensive implies that you aren't getting your money's worth.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
They aren't expensive.

Expensive implies that you aren't getting your money's worth.

Too expensive implies your aren't getting your money's worth.
Quote by mr_hankey
Too expensive implies your aren't getting your money's worth.

Hmm, picky picky. :P

Well I don't think Orange amps are pricey. You get a great amp for a reasonable sum. You're not buying a Valveking here afterall.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Dave_Mc

You're killing me, Dave!

To TS- If high school kids can work hard & save for an Orange, you can too!! Nothing worth having ever comes easy, man.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
You're killing me, Dave!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Stooja
like gabe said, im only 16 but i managed to gather together £1400+ by working my tits off... worth it though.

dang, i gotta get a job.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
dang, i gotta get a job.

i think i should too
well i know why there so expensive
and i think i may jus start savin fer a tiny terror
does anybody know if there good or should i jus not spend fer the next few years and got one of th proper heads ?
Quote by dfc_jebus

Quote by hippieboy444

take that back! the tiny terror is a totally respectable amp!

and they all have different characteristics, the tt isn't just a cheaper small rocker 30. it's its own thing. try some out if you can, and you'll see what i mean.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
aha sorry didnt meen it like tht xD
Quote by dfc_jebus

Quote by hippieboy444

Aye, don't ever say the Rocker 30 is just a bigger version of the tiny terror--or vice versa.

That's just totally jumping onto the bandwagon.

But I'm not directing that to you, kh203man. (o_O) Just saying that for everyone to see.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Dave_Mc

hahahaha

Dave, you are now my favorite member. Seriously, that was amazing. Whew. :wipestearsfromeyes:
Quote by UnsignedRecords
take that back! the tiny terror is a totally respectable amp!

and they all have different characteristics, the tt isn't just a cheaper small rocker 30. it's its own thing. try some out if you can, and you'll see what i mean.

+ a billion

It pisses me off so much when people see that the Tiny Terror is the cheapest orange tube amp, so they automatically assume it's the worst. People who only look at price tags for quality are so annoying. You could get a Valveking 100 stack for $900, or you could get a Tiny Terror stack for about $700... Which do you think is better? That's what I thought.

Anyways, the terror sounds so different from the rocker. Just because it's smaller doesn't make it "worse". Noobs...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Hahaha Dave.

Mmmmmm... I want an Orange.

Whats the TT sound like in comparison to the rocker?
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by Dave_Mc

This really is the proper response to the question.

Also keep in mind, theres a ton of engineering that goes into these amps. A guy doesn't just sit down an say "I'm gonna make a amp that sounds kick a$$," there are years of development and trail and error that go into these amps that contribute to the quality tone that the amps put out, and again they are built with quality materials so they won't take a dump on you when you need them most. If they wanted to make the amp cheap they wouldn't be as good as they are. Obviously with these to factors in mind, they have grown to achieve the popularity and respect that they have earned.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Is there any difference, say if I would use an Orange rocker 30 head with a 1x12 can or if I would use an Orange rocker 30 combo?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
As everyone has said before me, they aren't that expensive.
However, when you first start out, you just look at the lower wattage rating and it looks a lot more expensive than it really is.

P.S. Rate my avatar for free +(N)
Last edited by Horlicks at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by guitarted
hahahaha

Dave, you are now my favorite member. Seriously, that was amazing. Whew. :wipestearsfromeyes:

Quote by GuitarNinja12
Hahaha Dave.

Quote by FrenchBread
This really is the proper response to the question.

tiny terror versus rocker... hmmm, not too sure, it's ages since i tried a rocker. the tt is maybe a little more vintage-sounding. And sounds a bit harsher as you up the gain (the rockerverb 50 doesn't really, from what i can remember at least).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok then so theres a shop near me tht sells them so im gonna try some of them
but i msavin for a tiny at the moment so (Y) xD
Quote by dfc_jebus

Quote by hippieboy444

Page 1 of 2