I had a friend switch out the pickups in my strat for me around the begining of the summer. But he also lowered my action, I didn't want it done. But he must have assumed that I did, becasue he's a metal player and metal players find it necissary to lower their action as much as they can. Anyway, now i can't bend the b and e strings on my guitar past around the 10th fret it just stops makign sound when I bend. My truss rod is exposed and easy to deal with so i'm hoping it's something i can fix with that. Any suggestions?
Barf

Fender 70's reissue strat
Laney 120 mxd
Morley bad horsie 2
yeah. unless you have murderous intentions against your guitar, don't play with your truss rod.

just have a pro look at it
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
Your friend sucks at adjusting action. Take it to a tech, if you know the guy he/she will probably fix it up for free.
Never adjust your truss rod to raise/lower the action.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
If all he did was lower the saddles turn the screws in a bit at a time until it plays the way you want it to again. If he did such a good job on the action are you sure he did a good job on the pickup job?
like said a few posts up. you raise the action, NOT with the truss rod, at the BRIDGE.

you take a small allen wrench and turn the little pegs on the face of each saddle.
that's it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
But, by the sound of your 10th fret problem, he probably adjusted your truss rod wrong, or your neck was already off, and the low action hurt it more.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
it can be a bunch of things, from a back bow to a high fret. but u always adjust action at the bridge first.

that's really the most important thing to get across, until you have more info.

if that doesnt work, then you look harder at the problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011