ok well my mom asked me what i want for my birthday today,and i told her a new guitar amp. And thats why im here,im not much of an amp wizz cause ive never owned nothing more than a little practice amp.
I play mostly classic rock to metal(ac/dc-dream theater)so i want an amp with alot of punch,but im also a sucker for nice clean tones.Effects are a must,and so is a footswitch(clean,gain,effects). My parents are going to buy the amp at LA music and ill put a link below.

so far ive only looked at the Peavey ValveKing 112 50W 1x12 Inch Guitar Combo Amplifier

Last but not least its gotta be between $400- 600(canadian).

www.lamusic.ca

thanks
Laney LC15
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
Laney LC15

i just checked it out on the website,it has pretty much all i need,but i think ill want something bigger than 15 watts
they make a LC30. that should be all you need, and if not then you cna mic it

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
My 15 watt amp is huge. It knocks stuff off the walls, and my neighbour definitely came over a week ago and said "dude, play american psycho again!"...but 15 watts tube is definitely a lot of sound.

And LA Music is a great store. They've taken a lot of my money.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by ssguitar
they make a LC30. that should be all you need, and if not then you cna mic it

one problem.....its almost $1000
^ hmm try to find it used?

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
The Laney is a nice one.

just dont get a digital amp.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
There have been some nice Fender Deluxes going through Craigslist in the Toronto area that would suit you and your budget
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
^ but would a fender deluxe hit metallica/dreamtheather stuff?

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
^ but would a fender deluxe hit metallica/dreamtheather stuff?

Well maybe not a twin reverb...but a hot rod might come close. And it'd take a OD well.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
^ oh ok. i was just thinking that laneys are awsome, and didnt even think fender because those arent relaly gainy amps.

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
^ oh ok. i was just thinking that laneys are awsome, and didnt even think fender because those arent relaly gainy amps.

Yeah they're good amps, but the Fenders on our CL are complete steals. I wish I had the money for it, but I'm saving for another Orange.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
The VK will NOT give you "those nice clean tones". Trust me. I think it sucks for any style, but cleans especially. If I were you I wouldn't worry about an effects loop. You should keep amps without effects in mind. You could always buy pedals, so there's no reason in buying a worse amp just because it has effects. Anyways, you didn't give much of a description of what you want or your price range, so I'll just recommend either a Valvetronix 50AD or a Vox AC30.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
There's a Peavey Classic 30 for 620 on there that would be good for you. It's more than your budget, but maybe you can throw come cash in as well?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
^ oh yea +1 classic 30s are amazing and will do all you need

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Try getting a Fender FM 212R Guitar Combo Amp , a friend of mine has one it has a nice sound I like it, it's not tube but hey for $329.99 its worth the money right?
Last edited by the13ghost at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by slatsmania
Well, there's the Crate V30 or the Peavey Classic 30 ($620).

How is it that a Canadian music store doesn't sell Traynors? They'd be great for you.

I think they're exclusive to Long & McQuade branches, and other small stores that aren't chained.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by the13ghost
Try getting a Fender FM 212R Guitar Combo Amp , a friend of mine has one it has a nice sound I like it, it's not tube but hey for $329.99 its worth the money right?

NO. NONONONONO. I'm so glad I finally got rid of that amp. It takes pedals horribly..AND comes with no onboard efects. Get a tube, you'll be happy.

If you only practice at home, check out the Windsor Studio if it comes out in time, or a Peavey JSX minicollossal looks pretty cool. Bear in Mind I've never played either of these exact amps, but I've played their big bros.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by the13ghost

No offense to this guy, but don't get that amp.

If you have $600 to spend, spend all of it. You'll be 100x happier with the classic 30.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
15 watts tube is a lot more than it sounds like. In my bedroom I never get the master volume past 2 when the pre-volume is full. When jamming I don't think I have gotten it past 6-7 on the master with pre-volume full and an OD pedal. Keep in mind all these values go to 12 on my amp also.

So the peavey 30 would be great, but consider other 15 watters, they will be plenty loud if you aren't doing any serious gigs. Hell, even if you are, it can be mic'd up.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
If you are just playing at home by yourself even 15 watts is sometimes too loud. If you are thinking about jamming with friends it would be just about right. I wouldn't mind at all playing one mic'd at a gig.
The Classic 30 is awesome. I picked one up on Monday....very happy with my purchase.