Alright, I finally totally finished this song. I made some minor adjustments to the lead guitar because some people were whining about stuff being out of key, so now, everything in there is in key, and something i just made some slight changes to make it easier to play or better sounding. I added bass and drums. The two biggest changes. The drums are kind of simple because the drummer left my band, so I've had to make up all the drums myself on my drumset even though I am a guitarist not a drummer, so everything is fairly simple. I have no double bass in there because I don't own a double bass pedal, and it doesn't really seem like the type of music that needs double bass. I don't own a ride at this current point in time, but when I play it I substitute closed high hat, but the ride definately sounds better.

So, this is the song totally finish, all but a name anyways. Enjoy!
Attachments:
Joe Satriani Type Guitar Solo Song.zip
that was great but there are flaws. when you did the strummed chord section the first not of your lead guitar classhed with the chords, try to start on one of the notes the chords use. also the tapping section was a bit too long tbh, it was great tho. overall a pretty sweet song but sort out your chord and lead part to make them fit.
IT STILL SOUNDS LIKE IRON MAN!

phail
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

yeah i also meant to say that in my crit but i forgot, its the exact same chords and timing, bad idea man.
'twas ok. But the first riff is a complete rip off of Black Sabbath's Iron Man ;-) Lacking only the slides at the end. Other than that it was pretty cool, apart from the feeling that I had that the song needed some kind of climax and it was going to it from the tapping thing, instead - it just ended after harmonizing the riff. I'd add some sort of a faster solo, maybe more... "epic", so to speak, to add that "climax" and make the song more complete.

And I think that solos lacked something, some complexity. The licks seemed to be played in pentatonic scale exclusively, I didn't bother to check it, but it sounded such. I'd spice it up a bit, use some other scales, minor, diminished, arabic [cool one], or something like that.

Crit mine? Links in the sig.
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit
Last edited by Ed T H at Sep 8, 2007,