I've narrowed my choice for a new amp down to a peavey classic 30 (used), peavey bandit 112, or a vox valvetronix xl and I wanna know which is best for metal/death metal.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by mazohysthoney at Sep 6, 2007,
Over all, I would chose the vox. I just like them better. the peaveys give a lot of overdrive, but not as much lheavey gain as your looking for, I played the vox a few monhts ago with some emgs in a jackson, I could get some pretty tunes through it.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Roland Cube.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
A CLASSIC 30 isn't really going to give you any deathmetal sound.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster

that's what I figured.

and I considered a cube for a while but decided I just don't want one.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by Reincaster

Maybe with a overdrive pedal? It's a tube amp, not a solidstate
Roland Cube for metal on a budget.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Op3a
Maybe with a overdrive pedal? It's a tube amp, not a solidstate

I know what amp it is, I own one.

You know, not every tube amp will get you every single tone under the sun, even with an OD. Yeah, you can add an OD and boost the gain, but then it'll be so sloppy and muddy sounding, it's not even worth it. Just because it's tube, doesn't mean it's versatile, otherwise, Everyone would be using valve juniors and tubescreamers because they can get the high gain death metal tone.

And you can boost the preamp on a solid state amp with the same effect, but at highe volumes, it will clip harder, and earlier. So it's best at lower volumes.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Sep 6, 2007,
well due to how cheap they are, I've narrowed it down to a cube 60 and valvetronix ad30vt-xl. I need some really helpful advice too because I doubt I'm gonna be able to try any amps out since there are no music stores anywhere around here and I'll probably just have to go by research and by what I've heard. I'm not going to be gigging but I was also wondering if the 30 watt xl would be loud enough (and sound good enough when cranked) to pleasure my earpussy . once again, I'll be playing mainly metal/death metal but, as everyone else says, good cleans would be nice too. I would appreciate any help and if you're just going to reply with something like "roland cube." then please tell me why you'd recommend it. thanks.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60