Im sure this may have been asked before but i was wondering if i can record my guitar to my computer by plugging a midi cable from my amp to the computer
No.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
just plug your guitar into your computer, all you need is a not-so-special converter, and then you'll be able to hear your guitar through yoiur computers speakers, then download some program like guitar rig or run it through your stompboxes

thats what i do, without the programs or stompboxes cause my computer is a total piece of **** and im too broke to buy a stompbox
get a a 1/4 inch on one side 1/8 headphone cable run it from the line out on ur computer.
Quote by Dynaski
Im sure this may have been asked before but i was wondering if i can record my guitar to my computer by plugging a midi cable from my amp to the computer

Midi isn't used to record sounds. It's used to transmit information. Some Midi transmissions create sounds when sent to the right apparatus, but if you want the sound of your guitar and your amp, look into something else.

Also note that virtually every Midi capable amp uses Midi only for switching purposes (usually via "Program Change" messages on a single channel) and aren't programmed to respond to "Note On" or "Note Off" messages.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Sep 5, 2007,