So I'm looking to buy a new guitar and I remembered that my one friend had one. He moved so I dont really talk to him. But I was looking on shecters website and saw how decently priced their guitars are.

What I wanna know is are Shecter's any good? What do you think about them if you have one? Is the price really that good or do they suck?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I have a Schecter Black Jack. I like it. I have had to replace the Input Jack and selector switch though. But I don't think alot of other people have had to do that.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
I got a 006 Deluxe (bottom of the lineup as far as pricing goes) for ridiculously cheap. It's a really good guitar - good action, no problems with the body, electronics are neat, etc. The only complaint I have is the stock pickups, they are a bit muddy for my liking.
I know a few people who own some of the higher end models and they've said they will never buy another brand of guitar.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
yea ..there awesome some of the higher end ones sound more like les pauls...and they feel sorta like prs
i have a gryphon... and i have no complaints... the duncan designed pups are very good for practice purposes
i got a discontinued Revenger 7 and its my main guitar i used a K7 to but its a back up now
one of my friends has a shecter and loves it. not sure on the model, but it is near the bottom line. maybe around 400 dollars
i played my friends im not sure what the model was but it was great im considering getting one myself
Quote by which ones pink
No offense dude, but you need a new amp before you need a new guitar.

It was all I could efford, I'm gonna get a marshall half stack from a friend after I get a new guitar
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by angus is god
It was all I could efford, I'm gonna get a marshall half stack from a friend after I get a new guitar

If by Marshall half-stack, you mean anything apart from a tube amp, then don't. Actually, most Marshall amps aren't going to suit you at all. If you're into blues, you don't need a halfstack at all - a 15-30w head and a 2x12" is what you should be looking for.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by angus is god

What Marshall half-stack? If it says "MG" or "AVT," stop being that guy's friend, he's peddling crap.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
New amp first.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
New amp first and no "marshall" half stack. And yes, Schecters are great guitars, I don't see myself playing any other brand in that price range ever again.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Schecters are some of the best guitars for the money, I have a Damein FR and Jeff Loomis sig and they're both great.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Quote by continental
my only complaint is that they all look the same

so do all fenders.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
If you had typed the word "Schecter" in the search box, you would have found thousands of threads asking this very same question, most of them posted somewhat recent too.

Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by bodomfan666
so do all fenders.

Amen
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Get a new amp. Make sure the Marshall is a tube, if its an MG, stay the **** away. Avt's im not too sure about, but their not too promising. Save your money and buy a nice Tube amp, trust me, you'll never go back

Schecters are great guitars. I have the hellraiser, i love it. But get a new amp haha.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Schecters are great.

Love the schecter...or else

seriously though, they make great guitars for the money. Good price/quality ratio.
WTLTL 2011