Hey, can anybody help, I need a bass amp. I have been using my guitar amp for a while with my bass, but it sounds funny, and it's hard to hear when a bud is playing guitar through. I have looked at those behringer ones, the BLX### or whatever, and I am reading that they aren't too good. So, I will get a better one, but wattage do I need? will 15 watts keep up with drums? If so can anyone recommend good ones. My price range is up to 200, but the cheaper the better. I like playing funk, blues, rock, punk, and more, so a versatile one would help.

Thanks
200 what...dollars? That's not much room to work with. 15 watts won't get you anywhere near drums btw.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
You need 4 times the wattage of your guitar player. For what it's worth, my 250W amp just about keeps up with the drums; that is, I personally would not play with drums with any lower wattage. It wouldn't pass my muster.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
15 watts might work if you were a guitarist, but bass wattage is different than guitar amp wattage, so whatever the guitarist is using (if its also 15 watts) take that and get something four times that wattage, so around 60 watts, that should keep you up with the drums, i sometimes use a 45 watt practice amp when i'm jamming and you can hear it fine

oh and behringer amps aren't that bad if you're on a tight budget, the main problem is that they break often (or so people say, i've never had one break) but if you're looking for your first amp it woudn't be that bad, they don't sound terrible for the price, and it would def. be a step up from a guitar amp though. after this though def. look into a nicer amp
Quote by thefitz
You need 4 times the wattage of your guitar player. For what it's worth, my 250W amp just about keeps up with the drums; that is, I personally would not play with drums with any lower wattage. It wouldn't pass my muster.

lol, i don't know whether its my playing, or you guys are seriously bull****ting, but i use an ashdown after eight combo(i think its 15w), and i can be heard pretty well with drums+bass, and get a decent mix with drums+bass+guitar. AND i do not max out my volume, i keep it about 3 o'clock.

in my opinion the best wattage for jamming with you're friends would be 30/50w bass and 15/30w guitar. because you can always adjust to volume levels of the gutiar and bass to ensure that everyone is heard.

but i guess for gigs, then you would need high wattage. or if you're smart you would either use the house amps or MIC your amp .
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok if your drummer isn't a crazed snare basher you can get away with a lot less than fitz's 250...but it's nice to have the headroom. I use a 60 watt peavy with my band now and while i wish i had more it gets by.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
The wattage doesn't really matter as much as the decibel output, so if you can find an amp with lower wattage but a high decibel rating, that will be fine as well.
Nope, no sig here.
thanks a lot, I am not in a band, I just want to turn my downstairs into like a jam room. So it will have guitar, bass, drum, and mics.

I like the crate and the Peavey, what would be better of the two? Do I really need 100 watts?