I know i can get it changed, but im still new to guitars in general, and wasn't sure if its like a simple thing i could adjust or if i have to have a pro look at it. If it is something i can do how would I do it? I know you gotta adjust the saddles... but idk how to do that.
is it a strat style or more of a gibson style bridge?

either way, it's pretty simple

strat saddles, then u use a tiny allen wrench to adjust these two pegs per saddle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

strat saddles, then u use a tiny allen wrench to adjust these two pegs per saddle.

perfect thx its strat style
yeah, pretty simple.

while ur at it check that ur in tune at the 12th fret. if u arent i can explain intonation.
it's just as simple.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Explain intonation for me eh?
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
sure.

if ur guitar is out of tune at the 12th fret, it will make ur solos sound wrong.

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

if u have problems getting the harmonic, then compare the open note to the fretted 12th.
also, dont forget to retune the string between adjustments.

on a strat style bridge the screw to adjust is # 2

on a TOM this is the screw...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 5, 2007,
Beautiful, thanks a million.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
you're welcome a million.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565

If i want to raise the action i should loose them? and Im only raising it a lil bit, do i still need to touch the intonation?
well, i always check my intonation anyway.

it's just fine tuning. i mean u check ur tuning right.

and yeah, the intonation probalby wont change much.

just lower those pegs a little to raise a saddle and it's string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Just want to confirm so I don't do anything stupid I just tighten the saddles with an allen wrench to lower the action?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
well it's actually i think it's a left turn to spin the peg, shortening it under the saddle. when the pegs or "legs" under the saddle are shorter, the saddle (and the string) are closer to the board.

i dont have a guitar in front of me. but if u put ur face up to the saddle, and turn slightly, ull see the saddle go up and down.
it;s completely reversible, so little turns until u see the saddle fall a little.

try it and make sure there's no buzz thru the amp. it's trial and error.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
well it's actually i think it's a left turn to spin the peg, shortening it under the saddle. when the pegs or "legs" under the saddle are shorter, the saddle (and the string) are closer to the board.

i dont have a guitar in front of me. but if u put ur face up to the saddle, and turn slightly, ull see the saddle go up and down.
it;s completely reversible, so little turns until u see the saddle fall a little.

try it and make sure there's no buzz thru the amp. it's trial and error.

can you be a little more simple lol
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62