hey guys, i am living in the dorms at college and i am wondering about music downloads. i heard that they can restrict you from using teh internetz if you are caught downloading music or whatever. do any of you guys know whether or not they can catch you for that kind of stuff? (i am talking about downloads off programs such as Ares or Limewire, not itunes btw)
Here at towson, they tell us to use something called Ruckus. ruckusnetwork.com

havent tried it, but apparently its got EVERYTHING and its free and it downloads fast.
We have it at U.R. as well, it's crap, they do have everything, but you can only use it with their software/player, and it's not iPod compatible. We found a file converter that removed the lock on the files, but it was caught and changed during an automatic update for Windows, so, you're basically effed on that front if you use Ruckus. We used a program called MyTunes Redux, which allowed you to see anyone's music who was hard-wired into the network, and it's instantaneous downloads, give it a shot...
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
they won't catch you
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
i heard that one of my friends got caught and banned from the internet for like a month so i wanted to check it out before i tried. mytunes didn't work for some reason, it showed all the shared playlists but they had a red X in front of them and wouldn't let me access them
Quote by Scurvy-Rotten
i heard that one of my friends got caught and banned from the internet for like a month so i wanted to check it out before i tried. mytunes didn't work for some reason, it showed all the shared playlists but they had a red X in front of them and wouldn't let me access them

oh,then if you gotta ipod,just plug that in and listen to that music,and when you go back home download music there,that is what my brother did when he was in college
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by saxaxe
Here at towson, they tell us to use something called Ruckus. ruckusnetwork.com

havent tried it, but apparently its got EVERYTHING and its free and it downloads fast.

Yeah ruckus is free and legal. You gotta use their special music player and can't transfer music to ipods or anything, I don't think. They don't have very much underground stuff, but if you only listen to more popular music it's great.
Quote by Clownmite
Yeah ruckus is free and legal. You gotta use their special music player and can't transfer music to ipods or anything, I don't think. They don't have very much underground stuff, but if you only listen to more popular music it's great.

that sucks
Quote by Scurvy-Rotten
that's probably what i'll have to do, unfortunately i wont be at home all that often

then use a friend's computer,be a dick!
Quote by BrianApocalypse

you can listen to ruckus on any music player, but the license only lets you play the songs for a month before they stop working. you also can't burn or synchronize the songs at all.
+1 for DC++

or set a speed limiter on your torrent program so you don't use up a **** tonne of bandwidth and thusly draw attention to yourself
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join