Couldn't decide where to post this so I posted it both in MT and the Acoustic Forum.

My school has a open mike night (its a boarding) in the student lounge, and I want to write some instrumental work to play, but All I have is my acoustic. Tips on how to do this, good keys or scales, etc.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
It depends. are u going for a lo-fi beck type deal? or are you looking for blues or rock

if your into blues that would be the easiest ways to handle things. you could also throw in some acoustic funk. thats always fun and i love the muted funk acoustic sound. if it were me. i would just mess round with diff chords finding a good rhythm and then fnid out the key after u have the progression found out.
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
I'd try using an open tuning like open c which i use alot, then find chords and shapes to use on it and go from there, at least that's what i do.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
yea and remember your one person, you dont have to fly around the neck to fill up your sound. When your playing alone, the silence is just as important as the sound.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by ledroses23
yea and remember your one person, you dont have to fly around the neck to fill up your sound. When your playing alone, the silence is just as important as the sound.

Definately more sound than silence though.
^no doubt, but ive seen guys just start going crazy in a bad way because they loses sense of space so they overcompensate by playing too much, if you know what I am tryin to say.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG