I have 3 major weaknesses with playing guitar. The first is shaping chords fast enough for a song, the second is moving the same chord up and down the neck and the third is strumming upwards....

Is there any exercise that can help me out on these things?
Just Keep Practiceing. I used to be the same exact way. but if you keep doing those chords over and over and over again it will become like a second nature.
this sort of falls in this thread. ive had my guitar for a couple of weeks and i have trouble with G chord because my index finger is touching the A string and it doesnt ring, but i guess it will fix itself with practice or am i doing something wrong here?
Quote by honkatonk
this sort of falls in this thread. ive had my guitar for a couple of weeks and i have trouble with G chord because my index finger is touching the A string and it doesnt ring, but i guess it will fix itself with practice or am i doing something wrong here?

Finger the G chord, and look at your index finger, it is touching the A string, this is bad! Slow down, get it so you can play the G chord with EVERY STRING ringing, once you can do this, start to change into the G chord until you can get all the strings ringing.

pepsi

ps: sry for not being on topic
Quote by pepsi_lovr
Finger the G chord, and look at your index finger, it is touching the A string, this is bad! Slow down, get it so you can play the G chord with EVERY STRING ringing, once you can do this, start to change into the G chord until you can get all the strings ringing.

pepsi

ps: sry for not being on topic

Pepsi is disgusting. Drink Coke.

Satriani has this cool excercise on Youtube.
It starts 35 seconds into the video, I think that should help.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o-H72ECeZBs&mode=related&search=
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
hmm i watched it and its kinda ill im gonna try it. Umm i know what the problem is and i dont know why but i can't get my index finger not to touch the A string. I have skiny fingers so i should be okay but something's wrong. w/e im just gonna keep practicing and try out that exercise thanks.
Does you fingertip make a 90 degree angle to the fretboard or are you using more of the"pad"of you finger
Just because you're paranoid
Doesn't mean they aren't watching you!
i use the tip of my finger and sometimes i slant my knuckles towards the head of the guitar and that seems to help a little bit