what are some clefts i know bass and treble and i know you can have 2 of any clefts except for bass. so what are other types and what do they mean. and how do you use them.
LISTEN TO ARKIRUS www.myspace.com/arkirus

Gear
Brian Moore I Guitar
Marshall Half-stack
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MicroKorg Synthesizer
They all fall under the G, F, and C clef.

But to answer your q, I think you are looking for Alto or Soprano Clef?

For more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clef
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
umm..well when you have more then one instrument thats when you have more then one cleft. as far as not having two of any clefts...theres no rule in that. the cleft only describes what instrument is being used. bass and treble. as far as saprano/tennor etc....they dont have there own clefts. there either treble, or bass.
Quote by SixStringSavior
umm..well when you have more then one instrument thats when you have more then one cleft. as far as not having two of any clefts...theres no rule in that. the cleft only describes what instrument is being used. bass and treble. as far as saprano/tennor etc....they dont have there own clefts. there either treble, or bass.

Everything in that post is wrong. You can have two clefs for one instrument, most piano music has the left and right hand parts on two separate staves, and often the lower stave is bass clef and the higher is treble. There are alto and tenor clefs, which look the same but are moved so their centre is on the line which is C.

And it is clef, not cleft
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
And not to split hairs, but a clef is a sign placed at the beginning of a musical staff to determine the pitch of the notes.

A cleft, on the other hand, is 1) a space or opening made by or as if by splitting: FISSURE; 2) a usually V-shaped indented formation: a hollow between ridges or protuberances

- Merriam-Webster Online
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.