Hey, do any of you ever feel like you can't ever express how you really feel or what your real thoughts are through language? I mean, I can think so clearly but when I go to express what it is I'm trying to say, it just comes out sounding like an extremely dumbed down version of how I feel and think. Maybe i'm just not an articulate person?
Happens to me quite a bit. I just take an extra second to think about what I'm going to say and it comes out better than blurting it out.
Quote by 13579ed
Hey, do any of you ever feel like you can't ever express how you really feel or what your real thoughts are through language? I mean, I can think so clearly but when I go to express what it is I'm trying to say, it just comes out sounding like an extremely dumbed down version of how I feel and think. Maybe i'm just not an articulate person?

i have that too my doctor told me so,cause of my open heart surgery i can't do some certain things as good as other people, such as expressing how i feel through speeche(hence my music,i pour my heart on on my insturments) and i can't draw for ****,or do math for ****
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by 13579ed

I'm not really understanding what you mean here. Could you be a little more explicit and try to express your emotions?
There are two kinds of people who won't say something: Those who have nothing to say and those who have everything to say but won't for fear of saying the wrong thing.

Even if you say the wrong thing, say something. Practice makes perfect. Rethink it, and reword it. You'll say the right thing in time. Also with time, you say the right thing on the first try more often than not.
i have trouble expressing myself verbally, sometimes if you know a big conversation is going to come up write things down first.
^^ true.

dont ever be afraid to speak. people can not tell you how to feel. in all honest if you want help with vocabulary or something concrete, i suggest reading. books are the best wway to learn.
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Quote by 13579ed

Thats exactly what I'm like, I really hate it. It gets in the way with many things, and it's incredibly embarrassing. Like in Music in Our Lives last year, we had a presentation as part of our final. I didn't script anything I said, I just decided to improvise. In my head, I thought it would come out perfect, When I got up there, I ****ed the whole thing over (I wasn't nervous or anything either. I still got a 95 on it, so no worries I guess). Thats just one thing out of a hundred that year too.

Glad I'm not alone I guess
There Are So Many Of Us

Orgy????
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
pics or it didnt happen...
or rather

when we do do it. pics or it didnt happen

haha
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
That happens to me too when I get asked stuff like in school and I know the answer but I can't find a way to say it so I sound like a druggie 'cause i'm all "you know what i'm saying?".
i can't really speak very well...i have a pretty diverse vocabulary, and i like using big words when i'm with friends, or when i'm talking to myself in my head...yes i think that's weird. but under pressure...it's like the dictionary in my head just got half the pages ripped out...and i can't right music worth a turd...i found that big words don't work too well in music, plus i seem to "over"do emotionally on music...kinda pisses me off
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
In my mind I always have what I want to say organized and sounding good, but when I talk, it's basically like my mind is taking a sh*t. It's fine when I write though.
Om nom nom nom!
i cant explain anything verbally..i simply suck at it...still waiting for the day where humans are born with USB ports and we can connect to share ****
Quote by Spachula
In my mind I always have what I want to say organized and sounding good, but when I talk, it's basically like my mind is taking a sh*t. It's fine when I write though.

I feel like it's easier to write as well, but I still sort of feel that lack of a real connection sometimes. I guess it's just something to work towards.