hey guys and gals

can someone please clear up some general mud, as to what type of pickups would be best suited for Death Metal for a Roland Cube 60 Amp, I hear so much hype from differentpeople its a rollercoaster ride of chaos and makes me all

from some reasearch Seymour Duncan and EMG's seemed to suit my needs but I hear different opinions saying some suck and every type seems to suck from different people
It's all subjective...

People bash EMGs for their lack of tone and "digital staleness" while others rave about the great power and dynamics.

Go to a guitar center or Sam Ash and try out guitars with different pickups on your amp (I'm sure they'll have a Roland Cube somewhere).
what kind of guitar do you have
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by i_baked_cookies
It's all subjective...

People bash EMGs for their lack of tone and "digital staleness" while others rave about the great power and dynamics.

Go to a guitar center or Sam Ash and try out guitars with different pickups on your amp (I'm sure they'll have a Roland Cube somewhere).

yeah guitar center and C&M music both have cube amps just I guess I can't tell teh difference between different types of Seymour duncans pups
I did like your explanation

------------

JOEYPWNSU

I'm not sure actually, it is a Lotus Brand which isn't made anymore, I got it from E-bay its gray, and has 2 humbuckers 24 Fret with Mahogony body, I'm getting new guitar soon so trying to find out pickup choice first
It also matters what tuning you're playing in. Some pickups sound good in higher tunings and sound like **** when you downtune. I've always heard a lot of hype for EMG's when you're downtuned far (I'm talking like B or Bb). Both Duncan and EMG are respected names so I'd go try em both out.
i dont agree with what they said about trying different guitars, because it wouldnt sound the same. id really recomend either a set of emgs-81, 85 which is really good. or sey our duncan jb in the bridge and a jazz or 59 in the neck
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by belialonmyback
It also matters what tuning you're playing in. Some pickups sound good in higher tunings and sound like **** when you downtune. I've always heard a lot of hype for EMG's when you're downtuned far (I'm talking like B or Bb). Both Duncan and EMG are respected names so I'd go try em both out.

ahh I paly mostly Drop B, but I do A anc C from time to time
but I've heard hype that EMG was to powerfull but also read you can adjust the tone nob on the guitar and fix that but its sort of confuseing lol

Seymour Duncans seem neat, but I duno what models of those to look at that would be good

Quote by JOEYPWNSU
i dont agree with what they said about trying different guitars, because it wouldnt sound the same. id really recomend either a set of emgs-81, 85 which is really good. or sey our duncan jb in the bridge and a jazz or 59 in the neck

yeah I noticed EMG 81 and 85 or those Duncans you listed were choices for some guitars that I've looked at in the past
EMG brother....

i have a ESP LTD JH-600 the f****** jeff hanneman signature model and it has killer EMG pick ups on it. Everyone that plays it loves it, and the pick-ups are perfect for heavy metal.
don't EMG 81 and 85 have like a 9volt battery? I guess lithium battery would keep you from replacing it

wonder if a Duncan JB would sound better for my SS amp, I assume theres no significance difference on pick ups in relation to amps or is there?

sorry that im a total hardwhere noob haha but at least I can play a few songs we all start from somewherez
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Sep 5, 2007,
Every Sam Ash I've ever been in has stocked the LTD EC series guitars with both the SD and EMG pickups. It would be a perfect test platform to help with your decision.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by hardcoredarrell
don't EMG 81 and 85 have like a 9volt battery? I guess lithium battery would keep you from replacing it

wonder if a Duncan JB would sound better for my SS amp, I assume theres no significance difference on pick ups in relation to amps or is there?

sorry that im a total hardwhere noob haha but at least I can play a few songs we all start from somewherez

yeah i replaced my pups when i had a SS from a JB/59 set to emgs and love the EMGs but on tube amps i perfer the SD's over EMGs..but if all you want to do is play metal then EMGs are fine
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
id prefer EMGs rather then Seymour Duncans only cause every guitar that i have has EMGs and they sound great. it all depends on your tone choice. i think SD have more of a high range then EMG. but im just guessing. you would have to try it. right now the best way to see is to check out children of bodom. Alexi Laiho switched from EMG to SD. listen to any song from are you dead yet for EMG and then listen to Tie My Rope for SD. BIG difference. i dont like it personally but again..its all on choice.

::EDIT::
oh yeah i forgot to mention. i just bought a EMG HZ passive. i love it. most people say it sucks but again its all about tone. and no...i didnt buy it because of the Alexi-200
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
Last edited by Draind at Sep 6, 2007,