Page 1 of 2
Title says all. Ours is a 90, just changed from a 95, so my parents still expect me to make 95...What's yours? I know most Kentucky schools are 90, but I'm not sure about other states.
93-100. 84-92 is a B, 77-83 is a C, 70-76 is a D and anything below is an F.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
90 here
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
90, but its a hell of a lot harder to get those 90 points when you miss 10 for not presenting the solution process correctly.....
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
holy crap cali must have it lucky compared to you guys. here an A is usually 100 - 90%, B is 89-80, C is 79-70, D is 69 to 60, and anything below is an F.
Quote by Zeppelin256
93-100. 84-92 is a B, 77-83 is a C, 70-76 is a D and anything below is an F.

yeah, i think this one's pretty standard.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
a is 90 to 100, b is 80 to 89, c is 70 to 79m d is 60 to 69, and a f is anything below 60
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Hmm, I see. I think 92-93 is a good A, 95 is too hard - those extra 2 points really can make a difference. I wish my parents would see that, and quit getting worked up every time I make a 95-96...they think it's the end of the world

EDIT: Holy crap, 80? Surely not.
80% and over is an A for me.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

some classes say 90, others say 93. Confusing when i go to one class and have to change between the two.
Quote by dysonsphere
Hmm, I see. I think 92-93 is a good A, 95 is too hard - those extra 2 points really can make a difference. I wish my parents would see that, and quit getting worked up every time I make a 95-96...they think it's the end of the world

EDIT: Holy crap, 80? Surely not.

Surely getting a 95 must be much easier where you live then here. Where I live a 95 is considered a top-end mark, and most students will not get above that in more than 2 or 3 classes.
We have minuses and pluses and such so an A is normally a 99-95 or 94. Then A- is like a 94-90 and so on and so forth. (A+ is 100%, rarely obtained.)
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Im from an ohio public school and i've really never heard of anyhting other than our traditional scale: 90, 80, 70, 60...
90 and up. At my old school it was 93 and up.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by mr.joopy987
Surely getting a 95 must be much easier where you live then here. Where I live a 95 is considered a top-end mark, and most students will not get above that in more than 2 or 3 classes.

It's probably a little easier than most schools but still damn hard. Of course, there are the rare students that pull it off, and that's where most of the trouble comes from, everyone's parents compare their kids to those people

I'm definitely a nerd, and I make pretty good grades, but teachers just loooooove to nitpick me. Maybe it's because of the reputation that I built up for being a smart-aleck, or maybe it's just my personality, but my friends seem to get away with a lot more than I do on essay questions.

This has been a mini-rant, courtesy of dysonsphere. I asked this because my parents are telling me that 95 is the bare minimum that they'll accept and I just don't think it's going to be possible in my senior year, since they have a huge workload planned out for me...
Quote by tylerishot
Uhhh, wow.

A 80-100
B 70-80
C 60-70
D 50-60
F 0-50.

High Five for living in the same city as me and having the same grades lol.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
a is 90 to 100, b is 80 to 89, c is 70 to 79m d is 60 to 69, and a f is anything below 60

Yep.

Last year they had it ****ed up though. A 64 and below as an F, which caused me to have C's in classes I'd normally have B's in. And B's where I'd have A's. Bull**** like that.

They fixed it this year!
Spiral Out
an a in my school is a 7. the grades go from 1-7. 1 is failing. it's strange b/c my hs is an ib school i doubt u guys have heard of it.
A - 86 - 100%
B - 73 - 85%
C+ - 67 - 72%
C - 60 - 66%
C- - 50 - 59%
F - 0 - 49%
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Yep.

Last year they had it ****ed up though. A 64 and below as an F, which caused me to have C's in classes I'd normally have B's in. And B's where I'd have A's. Bull**** like that.

They fixed it this year!

I think that our F is still 70 and below. Not entirely sure about that, though.

There's not much of a B (can't remember the exact range) but there's not much buffer between A and C.
80%
Us fucking canadians.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
80% in Canada.

But, it's also much harder here to get an 80 than it is in the States..an 80 to us, is like a 90 to Americans.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation
80% in Canada.

But, it's also much harder here to get an 80 than it is in the States..an 80 to us, is like a 90 to Americans.

No. 80% in parts of Canada besides B.C. In B.C. 86% and up is an A, and I think someone else did the rest. I can't think of how 6/10 could be a failure.... If you've gotten over half correct it should be a pass.... no? Makes sense to me.... But your second part is definetely true, Liberation. I have a friend who came up from Washington and compared a 90 down there to about an 80 up here. Strange why they can't be simply 0-49 F, 50-59 E, 60-69 D, 70-79 C, 80-89 B, and 90-100 A or something simple like that.
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
Last edited by 16kramer05 at Sep 6, 2007,
Now, on a related note, and I know that I've made a topic similar to this before, but do colleges care if it's a 99 A or a 91 A, as long as it's an "A?" Or should I be more worried about extracurricular activities and all that good stuff?
Page 1 of 2