ive had this head for a week now, its a line 6 spider III 150 watt head. i play it thru a marshall cab, and every channel sounds great, except for whenever its set on metal or insane, i get this crackling sound after any note is muted. it doesnt matter what the mid, bass, etc are set at, as long as its on metal or insane, crackling happens after everything. im using a prs se singlecut straight into the head. i just cant figure out whats doing it, or if the head was jacked up in the first place. thanks.
No offense, but you wasted your money. Spiders, except for the small ones, are severely overpriced, and they sound like crap, and it gets worse the more you turn it up.

Since you've only had it for a week, you could still take it back and get a better amp.
^ I agree. try going tube.

you'll probably like it better...
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Quote by which ones pink
No offense, but you wasted your money. Spiders, except for the small ones, are severely overpriced, and they sound like crap, and it gets worse the more you turn it up.

Since you've only had it for a week, you could still take it back and get a better amp.

+1

edit: oh and i actually have one, and i still say it sucks, get some tubes man
i believe that amp should have a noise gate built in. . check the manual and there should be a way to turn the noise gate on. that may help, i'm not 100% sure though.
True, take that POS back before it's too late!!!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I hope you didn't get the MG cab. Those are horrible compared to almost every cab.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
yeah...dont use a line 6...get a peavey windsor head
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
I own a peavey 6505 and a spider II head.. and at least my line 6 doesn't sound that bad at all. I run it thru a 1936 marshall cab, and I got the line 6 amp because i tried it at the store and I was very impressed (200 bucks @ samash). Might be you just got a faulty one.. I've also heard **** and wonder about the 1936 marshall.. and lined up next to eachother, some of them sound better than others.

I say keep the head, with the price you can't go wrong, and if you already don't have a tube amp, then it's not your job, but just a hobbie.
get rid of it and buy something decent
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by mazohysthoney
get rid of it and buy something decent

+1

But if you want to turn the noise gate on I think you hold in the tuner button and turn the reverb knob. Though its a ****e noise gate and doesn't really do anything.
Try the noise gate as someone suggested. Worse case you could run it as clean as possible and use a pedal for your distortion.
guys, if he says he likes the sound it isnt your place to tell him to get a new amp.

TS, i would try either
A) turning the gain down some
or
B) the built in noise gate.

i havent played a spider in a while cause i dont like the sound, but i kind of remember that with the gain too high it did that. so try turning that down first and see if it helps.