I can't decide on what acoustic guitar i should get... i can't decide... i want an acoustic electric... possibly taylor or martin... i've been thinkin about the taylor t5? any info on these?
cant go wrong with either taylor or martin. in my experience, most of an acoustic's tone comes from the age of the strings and maybe the quality of construction.
Quote by strq010
cant go wrong with either taylor or martin. in my experience, most of an acoustic's tone comes from the age of the strings and maybe the quality of construction.
Age of the strings, don't you mean the age of the wood, specifically the soundboard? I mean sure new strings generally have to be 'broken in' somewhat, but over time they are only expected to deteriorate and lose their tone.
Quote by benjammin21
I can't decide on what acoustic guitar i should get... i can't decide... i want an acoustic electric... possibly taylor or martin... i've been thinkin about the taylor t5? any info on these?
If your going for acoustic-electric, I would go for a Taylor. Can't say much about the T5, haven't tried it personally, it looks nice though and I've heard good things about them

Check out the 500CE series and 700CE series of Taylors.
(Invalid img)

Best bet is to try everything (IN-PERSON) in your price range (and a couple beyond it) and choose the one that is comfortable to play and possesses the tone you are looking for.
Last edited by Negative Burn at Sep 5, 2007,
the T5 is a fantastic guitar. Dave Matthews uses it when hes doing electric stuff. its not really a good sounding guitar srtaight acoustic but each to his own.
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08