and after a long time of searching around, reading reviews, and saving what i could from my part time job, i have narrowed it down to 2 basses.

1. an ESP F-255FM 5 string
2. a schecter stiletto 5 string

i was going to go with the ESP, but the stiletto is a bit cheaper.

let me know what you think, or if anyone else can suggest a decent 5 string bass for about $400-$500, let me know
I must admit stilettos are a sweet bass for a sweet price, but the F series is wicked
Stilleto. I'm not a big fan of schecter, but that is still an awesome bass.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
it all depends on preferences like Stilletto is a bolt on and the f series is neck through
the stiletto was my first choice, and its active. and im a cheap bastard. so...by unamimous decision, i think i'll get the stiletto, unless something convinces me otherwise
Quote by guywiththebass
the stiletto was my first choice, and its active. and im a cheap bastard. so...by unamimous decision, i think i'll get the stiletto, unless something convinces me otherwise

I guess we can smell our own. lmao I almost bought a Behringer because I'm so cheap. My bass strings on my one bass has nickel worn off lol.
personally I think the f series is sweet but every body (by every body i mean people that don't know what they're doing) wants one because appearance. So Stilletto is the one i'd go with.
i would go with the F seriese because of the 3 band EQ and the longer scale length. the B will be very tight and the strings will be less floppy and easyer to play. also the F255 looks way better and also ESP has better quality schecter's flagship models only come with EMG EZs and they only have a few basses with 3 band eq.

Another bass you can look at is the Ibanez SR505 is is just a tad over $500 but is a good quality bass with excelent playability. i almost bought it but i did not like the bart pickups (you might tho) and i also decided to save more money for a better bass.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E