seymour duncan Pearly Gates, or the '59 model. they come in at a decent budget compared to gibson humbuckers.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Any PAF copy, really. The SD Alnico II pros are great too if you can deal with a bit less output.
Quote by Roc8995
Any PAF copy, really. The SD Alnico II pros are great too if you can deal with a bit less output.

I've heard Michael Kelly PAFs are good. Don't know about the price or if you can even get them separately.
(retard answer) the neck one. (my real answer) the neck one..... wait a minute!
Haven't played those-
SD '59, DiMarzio PAF, WCR, Rolph Pretenders, Burstbuckers, are good for starters.
SD - Stephen Design Pickups.

superior to many mass produced pickups. i forgot bout these in my last post...

they're handwound, boutique PAF copies. If you email him, he'll make you the exact pickup you want.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
If you're budget concerned, look at GFS puickups...they make a few PAF- style pu's you might want to take a look at.
^GFS advertises that they're vintage, but they're telling lies. look over here in my thread. in the second page, CorduroyEW explains all about the GFS advertisement.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10590191

now, yes, this thread was for single coils. but do you think it's different for humbuckers? they aren't vintage sounding. they sound great. but they're not vintage sounding. For blues, what would you need??? whats PAF??? vintage voiced pickups.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
SD - Stephen Design Pickups.

superior to many mass produced pickups. i forgot bout these in my last post...

they're handwound, boutique PAF copies. If you email him, he'll make you the exact pickup you want.

+1, he makes some killer pups. Check out Wolfetone too if you're in the US.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^is that one similar to Stephen Design? that would be awesome. i'd get a Epiphone Les Paul and pop those in.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^is that one similar to Stephen Design? that would be awesome. i'd get a Epiphone Les Paul and pop those in.

similiar in that he will wind them for you depending what you're after, and he's also big on that PAF sound. I'm considering a set of Marshallheads down the road. They aren't cheap though either, a little less than the SD, but not a lot. Great handwound pups though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids