Hello, all.

From being here, I find that some of you are technology hounds. I am not. So I want to ask you a question.

I'm in college, and I need a printer. All I really need is printing, but scanning and copying would be nice. Most importantly, I need it CHEAP.

I have a Dell laptop with Windows XP.

What printers do you recommend?
Can't stop the signal.
Hey, i was in the same boat as you a week ago, but i found a printer that prints/scans/copies for cheap. Its the Canon Pixma MP510. Ive used it almost everyday so far and it works great. It makes color photocopies, scans at good resolutions and prints like a normal printer. I got mine new for about $150 Canadian.
Setup:

Carvin 747 Custom 7-string Electric with blue flamed maple top

Line 6 Spider II 112 75watt
I'm looking for $130 US or less. I think actually the HP that DayTripper mentions is good...we have something like that at home, and it works well, and the price is good. I'll look at the Canon.
Can't stop the signal.
^Ehh, I had an HP All-in-One. It crapped out after a couple of months. The scanner light or whatever got stuck and the machine froze up. I couldn't even print.
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
OK....Listen very carefully here...DO NOT BUY A PRINTER BASED ON ITS PRICE!

Buy it based on the cost of ink cartridges. You'll be buying alot of those.

I thought I got a deal once on this great printer. Fast and nice features, $100. But...replacing the ink cartridges cost $70.

My GF bought one awhile back. New cartridges for hers are $27

EDIT: You are in college so you are gonna be doing LOTS of printing.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 6, 2007,
CodeMonk hit the spot. I was going to say exactly the same. A lot of ink cartridges will cost you up the ass, so if you buy a printer based on the printer price, the money spent on cartridges will come back to haunt you.

I suggest getting a laser printer. (some )Toners are expensive, but you only have to replace them once in a long while.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Canon Pixma 150 works pretty good. I got it for free and Ive only had it for 2 weeks though.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Buy a Canon or Epson. Epsons are cheap as chips, but Canons are a bit better quality. And yeah, check cartridge prices first. VERY important.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Yeah, I've looked at cartridge price. The HP that's $80 has $15 cartridges, which seems pretty good. And judging by the one at home, they don't need replaced that often. I'm only going to be printing text, so I won't use that much ink.

Thanks for your help.
Can't stop the signal.
Sounds like a good buy. HP are a quality brand too, I just thought they were more expensive than that.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army