so today was my first day of school, naturally first place is the music room to that really old but still awesome precision, now over the summer a guy took it home and put new strings on it, (i hate them) but i found them very very hard top play, like playing slap they actually hurt to pop, and i could not play very fast my fingers just like stuck to them. but after a while they still feel bad as strings, but they start to play better, smoother, not hurt, ect

whats the deal

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
they will mellow, but in the meantime, get yourself some Fast-Fret at the music store.
it runs about $5 to $9. it's main(only) ingredient is mineral oil. it will make those new strings easier to play, and it's good for the fretboard. you could buy a set of your favorite strings, and ask the director to let you change them or, have him/her install them for you. good luck!
Or you could just use your own bass. Thats what my old bands bassist (and guitarist) does.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
They might have been heavier higher gauge strings. Because I guess it would hurt to pop the g-string if you're only using heavy gauge strings for the first time. Also they may have been steel strings instead of nickel.
signature
You'll get used to it, don't worry
'Member of the official Biffy Clyro Fanclub. PM onlyonehere to join'