for awhile, ive been wanting to get a Jackson KE3, but never could take that big leap. just recently, i read about the Ibanez XPT700 a.k.a. Xiphos, and now i really want that one. so im here to make sure that i got my stats right saying Xiphos stoms mudhole in the KE3.

so far, ive confirmed that the MSRP for Xiphos is $866.65, while the KE3 is $989.99. the KE3 used a Floyd Rose trem which is supposedly crappy according to UG in general. Xiphos used Ibanez's Edge III trem. my friend seems to like his guitar's Edge III a lot, so i'll say its good. also, the KE3 has Seymore Duncan Pickups that everyone seems to replace upon the day of buying. Xiphos uses D'Marzio (sp?) which is what ive seen people recommend as the replacements.....

i plan to buy from Guitar Center simply because i love their service and have had a long time to get to know everyone in there. the price for Xiphos at GC is $649.99. KE3 $692.99.

am i getting this right in saying that i should go with the Ibanez XTP700 instead of the Jackson KE3? i love both bodies and have played both guitars on multiple occasions, so its really up to those who know more about this than i do.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
yeah go with the Xiphos. the pickups and tremolo unit are better and the body is nicer... go for green/blue chameleon colour
haha. i love that chameleon effect. i plan to pick it up sometime this week or next for sure.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
id say Xiphos man i've wanted one too for awhile. someone has that jackson at my school. total ****. atleast i dont like it. anyways i like Ibanez better then Jackson anyway.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
yeh cool. some people call ibanez the poor mans jackson but they are noobs
Quote by Draind
id say Xiphos man i've wanted one too for awhile. someone has that jackson at my school. total ****. atleast i dont like it. anyways i like Ibanez better then Jackson anyway.

thanks for the info. the playability and sound of the jackson really doesnt compare. im glad to have got a second opinion on it. and i hope you get one soon too . im sure we'll both be happy

Quote by -fez-
yeh cool. some people call ibanez the poor mans jackson but they are noobs

who the hell says that?... i would have thought it the other way around
Quote by Zach
Quote by Switch
the trem on the jackson and the ibanez are equal and if anything the jackson would be the better of the two. The KE3 comes with genuine duncans, a JB and a Jazz which are both very good.

neither one is technically better than the other, go into GC, play both through an amp like yours and buy the one that feels and sounds better to you. you cant go wrong either way.
Jackson. Made in japan, better trem (the xiphos have a egde III), good pickups to, and the shape is wayyyy more cooler ( i think )
guys, I already bought XTP700, i'm very happy with the guitar performance. The only short fall I feel is the guitar balance. On sitting position no problem very comfortable. The only short fall is during you apply the guitar strap. I'm very upset due to the weight balance is more toward the neck. It mean when you neutralise the guitar (without holding it) the neck will drop down to the floor. On top of that it is very difficult to play chord or scale on frets no 1,2,3 & 4. Looks like when you strap in the guitar neck seems far away from your body.

I almost frustrated with this condition. Thus, I relax and think how to over come the problems. Finally, I calculated the center of gravity and mine I modified the strap stud position & finally the handling is superb.

Any one facing the same problem as I'm?
Last edited by sanifxr at Apr 5, 2008,