I was thinking of entering the talent show and and playing my geetar on it. I was think i should play Vicarious, by Tool and/or maybe Lateralus. Unholy Confessions is also in consideration, but i dont know how the audience would react to it.

Im not sure if it would be a crowd please, which is really all that matters.

What song do you think I should play?
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
do you play any genre??? play some stevie ray vaughan instrumentals. if you do a decent job, it would blow away the crowd.

for a more shreddy type of song, some eric johnson, steve vai, joe satriani, their slower kind of instrumental might work.

OR... just get a backing track somewhere, and improv the whole thing in a key.

i'd pick choice 3 because i won't need to practice a song for that.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I've only been playing for 8 months or so. I'm told im good for how long ive been playing, but i can't improv yet.

I'm not good at the shreddy stuff either.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
o man i really love Vicarious and Lateralus... but i don´t really know how the audience will react. sure the most people will not know it. but if i had the choice and could only play 2 songs i would take one of tool and one of soad cause this would be such a great contrast and i love contrasts.
actually playing tool on that show would be nice because it´s not really what the audience will expect i guess. and i think they will be surprised and pleased
If you don't have a band, you will be good with an instrumental song. Get a backing track, and learn the lead part of the song. Playing just the rhythm to a song with lyrics with no band just seems silly to me.

pepsi
Yeah, i don't have a band. But like i said, im not that great at guitar yet. I could possibly get a drummer, which would be good. I would probably play vicarious if I get a drummer, but there would be some 'substance' during the verse, where their is no guitar at.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
Quote by killzy
What song do you think I should play?

Joe Satriani - Midnight

/thread
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Joe Satriani - Midnight

/thread

Day at the Beach > Midnight
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Joe Satriani - Crowd Chant

You want a sweet, not overly difficult song with MAJOR crowd involvement? If you can pull it off at 8 months and get the crowd going, its a shoe in for you!
Don't play Atreyu. My friends did that Unholy Confessions for the talent show last year and it was not liked at all. I'd say go with some classic rock that gets you into the music (only if you have a band) i.e. Metal Health, Highway to Hell. Or if your alone or only have a drummer, Welcome to Bucketheadland (If u can play crazy train you can play this) or Surfing With the Alien which is doable if you have time.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Is this a school or public talent show by the way? I don't kno about you but if I played tool at a school talent show I'd just get funny looks and awkward claps. you have to play REALLY mainstream songs for school ones. I'm playing I believe in a thing called love by the darkness and I'm wearing a catsuit. The £100 prize is MINE
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
i agree, sadly, you'll probably get more approval if you play a more mainstream song
Quote by silvadolla
i agree, sadly, you'll probably get more approval if you play a more mainstream song

But mainstream = power chords with girly singing? I don't like that ****. =/
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
somethin with finger tapping like, lipgloss and black by atreyu, or after the war by hiensight, or if you could see into my soul by silverstein
I played hourglass by lamb of god for mine and the crowd loved it.

Even the chavs :s

I also won!
Get a singer and play walkie talkie man!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
if u can get a band together and even if your not that good yet any grunge song can sound good,
Eruption to impress the hell outta them
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
SRV - Scuttle Buttin', that'll do it.

But a bit more serious, I like the idea of a backing track and improvising on that. Depending on how much time you have left until the show, you can already prepare some riffs/pieces for it so that if you run dry on improvisation, you have a 'backup'.
My band is thinking about Lateralus, but we're not really sure, we're tryin not to go for anything overplayed, you know, poser songs.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like