I'm not sure if this is the right genre to put this in ... seems to be the most relevant though.

Anyway, does anybody here listen to James Blunt? He's got some nice mellow tunes.

Has anyone heard the newest song?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A7Cd5LwV6eg

Kind of reminds me of the Beegees in a way.
Quote by paper shredder
You should feel proud too. Gay pride.

wait.......no you shouldn't.

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I thought he was ok when he just got big. Now I think his music is just the same with that similar voice and similar themes.

Boring,yes.
But y'know..he does make good tunes.
But still boring.
Don't think you'll find many fans on the guitar boards, but I think you already knew that.

I quite liked a couple of songs at first, but not really a big fan tbh.
He does have some pretty decent tunes though. I have listened to the first album so many times. Quite like the new single too, probably going to buy the new album aswell
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
I think he's pretty good. His first album had some really good songs on it, and I heard his new song recently and I thought it was quite good.

And you're not going to find many fans here, people here are ignorant cunts who don't like music because a) they're told not to and b) it's 'mainstream'.
I actually quite enjoy james blunt's music, mostly because I like the lyrics to his songs... it's catchy.
Quote by Tom Martin
And you're not going to find many fans here, people here are ignorant cunts who don't like music because a) they're told not to and b) it's 'mainstream'.

True. Sad .. but true.
I love James Blunt. His tunes are totally original and his style is captivating.

But we'll continue this conversation later. I have to go refill these meds my doctor told me to take because I'm a compulsive liar.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by blackflag49
Yeah, cause liking a one-hit wonder fed to you by VH1 makes you really unique

I love people who use this line to make themselves seem like the independent thinker to show off on a forum. You really are so much better. I mean, all the music you listen to was personally scouted out by you yourself. No one has ever told you (fed you) that you should listen to some band. You find all your music yourself. I wish I could be this guy. He doesn't take that mainstream bull****. He knows where it's at.
Quote by Tom Martin

If you are talking about people like me, well then.....

a) I listen to what the **** I wanna listen to, no one tells me what I can and can't listen to

and.....

b)Yeah, James Blunt is mainstream, so, I dont like him, he sounds like a strangled kitten.

As I said before, he aint even modern rock.
...Life Sucks Then You Die...
Quote by elemental_d
I love people who use this line to make themselves seem like the independent thinker to show off on a forum. You really are so much better. I mean, all the music you listen to was personally scouted out by you yourself. No one has ever told you (fed you) that you should listen to some band. You find all your music yourself. I wish I could be this guy. He doesn't take that mainstream bull****. He knows where it's at.

wow

You really seem to have an unhealthy obsession blackflag49. But hey I'm not going to preach.

Oh well, a friend of my sworn enemy is still my enemy. I see you've been recruiting for your forces blackflag. And you've even gone as far as arming women, children and James Blunt fans... you sick son of a bitch
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
I really really don't like his music. Not at all.

And that's not because it's "mainstream" or too poppy. It's because his songs are dull, predictable and very very weak. And I don't think I could ever forgive him for inflicting 'Beautiful' on my poor fragile ears.
Last edited by radio_schizo at Sep 7, 2007,
He sounds like he's getting strangled by the Dalai Lama.

Boring and predictable, and I'm not saying that because I'm an elitist, I'm saying that because he's boring and predictable.
Quote by radio_schizo
I really really don't like his music. Not at all.

And that's not because it's "mainstream" or too poppy. It's because his songs are dull, predictable and very very weak. And I don't think I could ever forgive him for inflicting 'Beautiful' on my poor fragile ears.

I agree 100%.

That stupid delilah song is worse though...

For the record: I don't hate anything because a) I'm told to hate it or b) it's mainstream because in both of these cases you limit your possibilities. I just don't like James Blunt because what I've heard bored me, failed to inspire me, pissed me off when I'm driving, etc.
Last edited by gsv2com at Sep 8, 2007,
Quote by hunger_strike

a) I listen to what the **** I wanna listen to, no one tells me what I can and can't listen to

and.....

b)Yeah, James Blunt is mainstream, so, I dont like him, he sounds like a strangled kitten.

Well considering that this is not the modern rock forum, I don't think it makes a difference.
Quote by hunger_strike

and.....

Yeah I agree with you 100%.
Rock on.
Quote by Alucard II
James Blunt, boring ****.
it rhymes, you know its true.

Dumb 'Tard
It rymes you know its true

James Blunt is my favorite singer, that isent rock of course, but his music is orgasmic
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
I actually do like James Blunt. His lines are simple but his music is good. His first album was awesome, songs like "Billy", "So Long, Jimi" and "Cry". "Cry", are you kidding me?, call it cliche but that song is powerful. His new stuff is good too. His songs "Annie" and "I Can't Hear The Music" are really good songs. And yes, I even like him enough to see him in concert. I did, and guess what, it was a really good show.