Page 1 of 2
I randomly looked in my cupboard yesterday, and realised how many glasses ive robbed from my local pub.

Im just wondering wether the pubs get branded glasses i.e Strongbow, Guinness for free?

Of course i didnt actually rob the glasses on purpose, its from times where ive walked home pissed with a half empty pint in my hand.
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.
I would imagine they don't get branded glasses for free.

But fret not, pint glasses are the pub equivalent of bath towels in hotel rooms. It's pretty much mandatory to nick an embossed one
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

some big pubs n clubs get endorsements. but most small local pubs just buy them. often its cheaper for them to buy a load of say strongbow pint glasses in bulk. plus cos your advertising their drink by using their glasses they often do discounts n stuff on buying them
my rig:
gibson les paul standard vintage sunburst with burstbucker pro pickups
marshall avt 150h and 412a cab
dunlop crybaby wah
boss dd-3 digital delay
Quote by Heid
I would imagine they don't get branded glasses for free.

But fret not, pint glasses are the pub equivalent of bath towels in hotel rooms. It's pretty much mandatory to nick an embossed one

I have to say ive never actually stolen a bath towel from a hotel.
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.
Quote by ultimate guns
brands will probs give them free branded glasses for selling their beer

Yup. They'll probably get a ton of them from the brewery too.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
I now feel i have no need to buy glasses ever again.
I don't think they get them for free but they're fine to nick...In my cupboard there's thousands of pint glasses that my dad stole from a pub that he worked at. He also stole 2 Jack Daniels glasses from the Vauxhall Tavern...One broke though last year.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
NIIICEEE#

My mate stole a piece of pub door haha
Quote by brokenbassboy
NIIICEEE#

My mate stole a piece of pub door haha

win
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
we nick loads of stuff... pint glasses, shot glasses, shot measurers (FROM BEHIND THE BAR may I add), the wooden and plastic shot holders from Revolutions...

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
win

pffft, my mate and his RAF platoon stole a snooker table from a pub, and the sign from above the door of the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas.
they probably do get them free from the beer company because it's like advertising. If you look at someone's drink and think 'that looks good' you can tell what it is...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
we nick loads of stuff... pint glasses, shot glasses, shot measurers (FROM BEHIND THE BAR may I add), the wooden and plastic shot holders from Revolutions...

pffft, my mate and his RAF platoon stole a snooker table from a pub, and the sign from above the door of the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas.

WIN

Slightly off the pub topic, ive nicked a big metal sign leading into a housing area, and ive contemplated nickin the 'play area' at the local lake. Just keep on forgetting a spanner whenever i go there haha.

Theres something about nickin signs that makes me laugh.

I still havent grown up, lol.
Quote by brokenbassboy

I still havent grown up, lol.

i think at least 90% of UG can relate.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
I got 2 free Stella Artois glasses when they were having a sale on Stella at the liquor store by my house.

I also sent an email to the Steam Whistle (microbrewery in toronto) office asking for some information and they gave me the information and are sending me a free bottle opener.
You think theyl send one all the way to uk haha?
Pffft! We stole 2 big bottles of Afteshocks (un opened) and refilled our pints when the barman had left to get us more vodka (we had finished one of those big 2 litre bottles between about 6 of us!).

When it comes to glasses tho, the police always seem to catch me with a half finished drink... so i end up having to down a double shot of vodka (or sometimes a whole guinnes!) and givin them my glasses.. just not good...
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
I have a ****load of pint glasses that I have lifted aswell
My favourite ones are the wierdly shaped Kronenburg ones.
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by brokenbassboy
You think theyl send one all the way to uk haha?

Probably not, because you can't get Steam Whistle in the UK so sending you free stuff wouldn't potentially benefit their business in any way.

You might be able to try the same thing with a different company though.
Yeah we've got a whole cupboard full of glasses nicked from the pub, whether they be pint or shot glasses. I think it's a tradition to have at least a few mementos from your nights out.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Haha well played mate.

I have never stolen a thing in my life, but I tend to drink beer from a bottle and whats the point in 'stealing' a bottle you've paid for?
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
My dad stole 2 1.3Pint glasses from Bulgaria a few months ago. They are bloody huge.
Pubs don't get the branded glasses for free, they still have to purchase them the same way they do wtih other glasses and other promotional material
I have beer glasses from pubs, mini soap bars from hotels, and golf balls from behind the gold course.

I've never played golf in my life.
I've never known how you do this. My favourite club has plastic cups for your drinks, apparently we metalheads are dangerous in large groups

And, in regular pubs, unless you're really sneaky, you can't just walk out, they stop you!

I have an ex-boyfriend who was really into stealing things from pubs though, he had a few different pint glasses he'd put up his sleeve and left with, plus a wooden rooster from nando's and a tiny espresso mug from starbucks. Not that impressive compared to a pool table!
Quote by Toilets
I have beer glasses from pubs, mini soap bars from hotels, and golf balls from behind the gold course.

I've never played golf in my life.

I have a sack of golf balls from a dumpster that was near my old house for about a week. I was compelled to claim them.

I also have a book of carpet samples that was left in my house after a party; I have no idea who brought it, why they had it or why they saw fit to leave them there, but it's my new favourite thing that has ever happened.

"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I've never known how you do this. My favourite club has plastic cups for your drinks, apparently we metalheads are dangerous in large groups

And, in regular pubs, unless you're really sneaky, you can't just walk out, they stop you!

I have an ex-boyfriend who was really into stealing things from pubs though, he had a few different pint glasses he'd put up his sleeve and left with, plus a wooden rooster from nando's and a tiny espresso mug from starbucks. Not that impressive compared to a pool table!

Haha its really not hard to rob a pint glass. Robbing a wooden rooster from nandos is just genius though.
Quote by brokenbassboy
I randomly looked in my cupboard yesterday, and realised how many glasses ive robbed from my local pub.

Im just wondering wether the pubs get branded glasses i.e Strongbow, Guinness for free?

Of course i didnt actually rob the glasses on purpose, its from times where ive walked home pissed with a half empty pint in my hand.

Heh, I have a few in this manner.

Carlsberg pint glass, Her Majesties pint glass (standard shape) and Spitfire Ale glass.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

You have a point, it's a bit brass to just nick glasses from the pub. By accident maybe but delibrately is pointless. You could buy pint glasses in bulk for peanuts.
Quote by Jackolas
You have a point, it's a bit brass to just nick glasses from the pub. By accident maybe but delibrately is pointless. You could buy pint glasses in bulk for peanuts.

but...thts not the point.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Then do what we do at our metal club, and buy a pitcher of something each... if you're gonna drink out of plastic, do it in style And with plenty of jager, cos it IS a metal club.
Ah the stealing of pub glasses.

Our glass cubboard consists mainly of Coke half pint glasses, and the standard pint glass. Ive broke about 2 of them in the last 3 months though
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I have a HUGE poster stolen from outside a sainsburys store. It is one of them "if you dont look 21, dont be offended if we ask you for ID"

Tis great, I gots it hanging on my walls, but alas, no pint glasses.
^

That's almost as random as my friend Kim who has loads of Halfords signs in her room about **** knows what.
My fiancee and I stole a wheelbarrow from a construction site to take our shopping home in once. We called it Archibald and intended to turn it into a herb garden, but it went missing at a party
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
Our pub's owner is always too drunk to notice if you take glasses.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Then do what we do at our metal club, and buy a pitcher of something each... if you're gonna drink out of plastic, do it in style And with plenty of jager, cos it IS a metal club.

Mine has no jager

Warm newky browns and cheap vodka and cokes in plastic cups is all we can get
Page 1 of 2