Page 1 of 5
Whats your favorite metal album? or what album do you think could have changed the course of metal?

mine is the road runner united CD and pantera; a vulgar display of power..
Pretty much anything by Iron Maiden

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

I don't care what genre you put it in, but Waking The Fallen by A7X.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
master of puppets!!
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Quote by i_am_ironman
master of puppets!!

How cliche..
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
How cliche..

i consider MoP my fabourite metal album, but if you tried to lay some smartass comment on my musical taste in person, id give you a f*ckin headbutt
Ride The Lightning. Brilliant.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
"Original Thread" by Metallica.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
"Original Thread" by Metallica.

Hahaha, my second favourite...
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by beau05
i consider MoP my fabourite metal album, but if you tried to lay some smartass comment on my musical taste in person, id give you a f*ckin headbutt

Yeah, carry on with your macho bull****, it really intimidates me.

You couldn't intimidate me in person, so you have no chance over the internet.

It IS cliche. Most people say MoP just because everyone says its the best metal album ever.

I really don't think its a good album.

Half the songs on it suck.

The only thing that redeems it is that the good songs are really good.

Machine Head's The Blackening is better for consistency!
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
The Berzerkers Animosity Album is SWEET =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by AvengedThrice
How cliche..

Says the guy that's into the flavor of the moment...

Master of Puppets actually did change the course of metal. It's what got a lot of people into metal.

A7X hasn't really done anything for anyone.

Personally I think Killswitch Engage's Alive Or Just Breathing made a change in the scene.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by merfsullivan

Master of Puppets actually did change the course of metal. It's what got a lot of people into metal.

Personally I think Killswitch Engage's Alive Or Just Breathing made a change in the scene.

That it did, to be quite honest
theres no need to be immature mr. avenged thrice. i like there music because i like there music, i couldnt give a flying f*ck what any other b*stard has to say about it

comparing an album thats over 20 years old to a more recent albums is ridiculous

by the way, in no way was that a serious comment (the 1st one)
Last edited by beau05 at Sep 6, 2007,
Quote by AvengedThrice

It IS cliche. Most people say MoP just because everyone says its the best metal album ever.

Master of Puppets kicks your ass.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by merfsullivan

How exactly am I into "The flavour of the moment"?

And at what point did I suggest A7X did anything?
They haven't done a damn thing for metal/metalcore.

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy their music though.

Don't suggest I'm only into what everyone else is into.

And I'm CERTAINLY not fond on newer music.

The last 4 bands I saw live were:
Deep Purple
Thin Lizzy
Styx
AC/DC

And next month I'm off to see Rush.

Your logic = phail.
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Last edited by AvengedThrice at Sep 6, 2007,
Quote by beau05
oh yeh, now you deserve an apology and a round of applause

No, but I proved his theory wrong.

And you're just an elitist tool.

You say you can't compare a 20 year old album to a more recent one.

Why the hell not?
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Deep Purple
Thin Lizzy
Styx
AC/DC
The Wildhearts

erm i'm pretty sure that's 5 bands
anyway, why can't people say that MoP is their favourite metal album? Maybe they aren't following the crowd, and actually do like it, because, well, we have these things called OPINIONS. The fact that many people's opinion is that MoP is a fantastic metal album is testament to it's status as a masterpiece? It's been around for 20 years. I'd like to see The Wildhearts have an acclaimed album that spans 20 years of popularity, or more, at the same level as MoP. Just grow the f*ck up and let people like what they want to like.

QUOTE]

actually, i despise the use of elitism. but in saying that, ellaborate on what makes you think im an "elitist tool"?
Quote by AvengedThrice
How exactly am I into "The flavour of the moment"?

And at what point did I suggest A7X did anything?
They haven't done a damn thing for metal/metalcore.

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy their music though.

Don't suggest I'm only into what everyone else is into.

And I'm CERTAINLY not fond on newer music.

Deep Purple
Thin Lizzy
Styx
AC/DC

And next month I'm off to see Rush.

Your logic = phail.

Well, you listed an A7x album as changing the course of metal. So already you=phail
You knocked someone else for liking Metallica=your second phail in only two comments.
You can't tell me that liking A7X isn't what everyone else isn't doing right now. They're the "Metallica of the 2000's"=your third phail.
You're certainly not fond of newer music? Someone with the name AvengedThrice with a Thrice avatar? Your phailure just keeps piling up.
Claiming someone that bested you phailed while listing the most phailed arguments ever=priceless
Hmm, maybe Scream Bloody Gore by Death.
EDIT: To the guy above, the 'Metallica of the 2000's' is Trivium.
Last edited by 3lusiv3 at Sep 6, 2007,
Quote by merfsullivan
Well, you listed an A7x album as changing the course of metal. So already you=phail
You knocked someone else for liking Metallica=your second phail in only two comments.
You can't tell me that liking A7X isn't what everyone else isn't doing right now. They're the "Metallica of the 2000's"=your third phail.
You're certainly not fond of newer music? Someone with the name AvengedThrice with a Thrice avatar? Your phailure just keeps piling up.
Claiming someone that bested you phailed while listing the most phailed arguments ever=priceless

No, I listed A7X's Waking The Fallen as my favourite album.

Note, this thread is about FAVOURITE albums, not BEST albums.

Learn the difference.

Also, I don't like A7X's new stuff, and how is everyone int A7X when nearly everyy user on here flames any articles about A7X

OH LOOK! :O Its an Atreyu avatar, not a Thrice one.

Do your eyes actually work?
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
The blackening and rust in peace.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by AvengedThrice
No, I listed A7X's Waking The Fallen as my favourite album.

Note, this thread is about FAVOURITE albums, not BEST albums.

Learn the difference.

Also, I don't like A7X's new stuff, and how is everyone int A7X when nearly everyy user on here flames any articles about A7X

OH LOOK! :O Its an Atreyu avatar, not a Thrice one.

Do your eyes actually work?

Do your eyes work? The threadstarter said favourite album or one that changed the course of metal. Do your eyes work?

You know why everyone flames them all the time here? Because there's a thread or an article every five minutes talking about how they're the best thing ever when everyone realizes they aren't that special. Especially since their "legendary" guitar player A) can't remember how ot play his own songs and, B) admits that the only thing he does that sets him apart from other guitar players is something he stole from Dimebag.

My bad on the Atreyu avatar. But that's a third relatively new band, even though you don't like new music. Try thinking before you speak next time. You keep contradicting yourself. It's pretty pathetic.
Quote by AvengedThrice

Ahahahaha, you're a twat. You call him an elitist tool, but then have a go at him for choosing MoP as his favourite album just because everyone else does it? Good work there, son

Plus, as has been pointed out, you can't count

And just for the record, MoP would be my favourite metal album as well
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by merfsullivan
Do your eyes work? The threadstarter said favourite album or one that changed the course of metal. Do your eyes work?

You know why everyone flames them all the time here? Because there's a thread or an article every five minutes talking about how they're the best thing ever when everyone realizes they aren't that special. Especially since their "legendary" guitar player A) can't remember how ot play his own songs and, B) admits that the only thing he does that sets him apart from other guitar players is something he stole from Dimebag.

My bad on the Atreyu avatar. But that's a third relatively new band, even though you don't like new music. Try thinking before you speak next time. You keep contradicting yourself. It's pretty pathetic.

Exactly, Favourite album or one that changed the course of metal.
I think its pretty obvious I picked my FAVOURITE.

Bash A7X all you want, it really doesn't concern me, because I'll still listen to them as much as I do now. They aren't the best band in the world, obviously, and yeah, they steal stuff, their guitarist forgets his own songs..does that mean I can't like them?

Atreyu started out around 1998.
I wouldn't call them new.
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Not obvious at all.
I don't even dislike A7X, I think they're pretty good regaurdless of the issues I have with them. I just think you're being an "elitist tool" for knocking others for having tastes dissimilar to you. You crap on people for their tastes but freak out when people do the same to you.
And I'd consider 1998 pretty recent considering you say you only like bands that are atleast 20-40 years old.
Metallica's And Justice For All
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by merfsullivan
Not obvious at all.
I don't even dislike A7X, I think they're pretty good regaurdless of the issues I have with them. I just think you're being an "elitist tool" for knocking others for having tastes dissimilar to you. You crap on people for their tastes but freak out when people do the same to you.
And I'd consider 1998 pretty recent considering you say you only like bands that are atleast 20-40 years old.

At what point did I say that?
I didn't knock anyone's taste, I just think MoP is cliche.
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
None of this arguing nonsense would have happened if this was put in the correct forum. It would've been closed, as I'm sure there are multiple threads like this from day to day, but ANYWAY, a favorite of mine would have to be Night Of The Stormrider by Iced Earth.
PSN Gamertag: XD75
Quote by AvengedThrice

im not saying it because everyone else does
im saying it because i like it
and i think it is the best metal album
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Best album? Master of Puppets.

Favourite album at the moment? Machine Head's The Blackening.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Page 1 of 5