Where's the god damn Atheist thread at?

Anyway they've grown a lot on me in the last few months, Elements is an absolute masterpiece. Can't beat a bit of Samba Briza

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
**** yeah, an Atheist thread.

Lol Samba Briza is awesome. Elements would be my favourite album from them

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I could never get into Elements that much. To me it just seems rushed and a little TOO "out there".

I love Unquestionable Presence and Piece of Time though. Those are absolute classics.
yeah I can see why you'd think that. Still, I love the "Elements" sound

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Ive got Elements and Piece of time, i honestly just cant get into em for some reason. Any suggestion of what would make me like em better?
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
hmm,.. not sure, seeing as they only have Unquestionable Presence besides the albums you already mentioned, so there isn't that much other material to check out. I guess give Elements another spin?

I'm not really sure what else to say, I love the sound for the whole jazz influence, and because their songs are so unpredictable, but I wouldn't know how to make someone like them lol

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Yeah who knows though, maybe if I give Elements enough time it will grow on me. I guess I really missed the drumming of Steve Flynn for one. That guy was amazing and HIGHLY underrated.
^I agree, but the drumming on Elements is fantastic, and is probably one of my favourite parts about it. It's technical and explosive, but at the same time in my view very natural

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Ok I'm going to have to dust off my copy of Elements and give it another spin haha
Elements is so damn good. See you again is one of my favorite softer instrumentals.
Unquestionable Presence is one of my favorite albums ever. Piece of Time and Elements are fantastic albums too, they just can't do any wrong. Great band. Their last NYC show, which is TBA, will be recorded for a future DVD.
Quote by cockybalboa
I could never get into Elements that much. To me it just seems rushed and a little TOO "out there".

I love Unquestionable Presence and Piece of Time though. Those are absolute classics.

Elements, i thought was a very well constructed and planned CD. Admittedly it was very very technical and progressive compared to a lot of heavy music (exceptions made for Gorguts, Cynic etc) at the time and it might have been too much to take in for fans of POT and UP, much in the same way The Erosion of Sanity fans couldn't deal with Obscura.

Unquestionable Presence is probably joined favourite with elements for me. And the Psychic Saw, Enthralled In Essence and Brains are brilliant.

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
i just got unquestionable presence yesterday, and these guys are amazing. great instruments, awesome songs and variety. and especially, for me as a bassist, great and usually hearable bass.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Athiest is so awesome, they rape your asshole to the size of a f.ucking basketball goal.
Black/Death.
Tony Choy....nuff said. Best tech-death band to come from the florida scene
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I loved every song on Unquestionable Presence
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
The drum and bass track for Mother Man on the UP reissue was amazing...it shows just how great the rhythm section was.
Hail Roger Patterson!!!

Anyway, I got the re-issue of UP & while ago. When I first listened to it, it made my head spin 0_o Its really crazy stuff

So should I get Piece of Time or Elements next?? I'm leaning towards Piece of Time as it had Roger on it, even though I'm braced for some kvlt & gr1m production - if Unquestionable Presence is anything to go by >.> <.< >.>
Quote by Monkey_Bassist
Hail Roger Patterson!!!

Anyway, I got the re-issue of UP & while ago. When I first listened to it, it made my head spin 0_o Its really crazy stuff

So should I get Piece of Time or Elements next?? I'm leaning towards Piece of Time as it had Roger on it, even though I'm braced for some kvlt & gr1m production - if Unquestionable Presence is anything to go by >.> <.< >.>

I would get Piece of Time personally. It's a little easier to get into IMO. The production is pretty stellar.
Quote by progbass
Tony Choy....nuff said. Best tech-death band to come from the florida scene

< Roger.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
didnt patterson write all the bass parts for UP before he died?

i like Tony Choy though, especially his work with fellow florida tech death band Cynic
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
^Yes. Tony just played most of them, Roger was the heart & soul as far as song writing goes (e.g. Mother Man, arguably their best/favorite song, was completely written around Roger's Bass-line which he then jammed with Steve playing drums to form up the whole song).
Jazz --> Bass orientated
Metal --> Rhythm orientated
Jazz-Fused Metal --> psycho manic technical rhythm orientated

'k thanks cockybalboa
Amazing band... I love spending hours at a time just going through entire discographys of the old school death metal bands.
Death, Autopsy, Atheist, Cancer, Vehemence etc.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Unquestionable Presence is great, Elements is fantastic, and Piece of Time is flawless.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Yarly.

Atheist has grown to become one of my favorite bands.

<3 atheist
I'm a stupid jackass.
Best band ever.

Tony Choy's bass is legendary. He's one of my main inspiring bassists in my music today. I love how the dude can break out into a slap line in the middle of a death metal riff, so ****ing orgasmic.