My guitar has a tonepro tune-o-matic bridge, and while changing strings today, i accidentally screwed with the knobs that raise and lower the bridge. when i played my guitar shortly after, it was buzzing a lot, and the bridge looked a lot lower than it had been, and i really dont know how to fix it or whether i will set it too high, or leave it too low, is the bridge at a slope or is it completely level? i really dont knwo and help would be greatly appreciated.
well, try screwing the posts in the other direction to raise it. if the action is too high afterwards lower it. its meant to be adjustable. adjust it.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Quote by gazaa
well, try screwing the posts in the other direction to raise it. if the action is too high afterwards lower it. its meant to be adjustable. adjust it.

Yeah what he said, I have had the same thing happen while changing the strings on my explorer and les paul before. Usually just from accidently bumping the tune-o-matic bridge. If its too low, its made to be adjustable so just turn it in the opposite direction until you get it to the desired height.
Main Gear
- Heritage Cherry Gibson Explorer (w/ H4 & H4a EMG's)
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Trem-o-Verb Head
- Mesa Boogie 4x12 Standard Rec Cab
- Korg DTR2000 Rackmount Tuner
- DBX 2-15 Band Rackmount EQ
- Monster 2500 Series Power Conditioner
how do i know what the right height is though?i dont know if i am raising it to high or leaving it to low.
If it's comfortable for you to play on.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yea man, just like what FacingUsAll said, there ain't no right or wrong way, just as long as you feel comfortable man! You might like the action such that there's a hint of fret buzz or high or whatnot, it's all up to your personal preference.

And yea, all you've gotta do is turn the screw on the post haha.
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!