Yes, I have finally got my hands on my new amp. It's the Vox AD50VT and I am loving it at the moment. Thanks to all the guys who recomended it to me
Also to make things better, it is replacing my MG
And the icing on the cake, I know someone who wants to buy the MG from me

Anyhoo, what are some of your favourite settings on your Voxes? I have been playing around and wondered what you guys like to set it to

I have also ordered my footswitch
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Nice one, those Vox's are very good for what you pay. Got the 30 version myself and it's fantastic. Take a look into the settings thread, I mainly use manual option myself but the presets are also ace.

The built in effects are great too.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
r these better than spider 3's?
coz im looking at both n am unsure
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Quote by shan0_
r these better than spider 3's?
coz im looking at both n am unsure

Yes they are. You can get the 15w version quite cheaply aswell
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Congrats on the amp buy! I really wanted that amp for a while, I have the battery powered version

www.valvetronix.net is a great site for settings for the amp!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Same amp as mine! It's fantastic, isn't it? My main sound is the boutique clean amp set to give quite a jangly tone with chorus and reverb. The AC30 sound is great too, if you set it just to the point of break-up.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
YEY! I've got the AD50VT too! It's an amazing amp, I'm so chuffed with it. Most of my settings are from the link add posted or variations of them.

Have much fun!
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
These are good amps - they are good for gigging use, better than most solid states.

My favourite setting is the AC30TB patch with gain about halfway with my strat. I also like the UK '70s with my jet king, gain about 1 o'clock, with the humbuckers it gives a nice distorted sound, but use the coil splits and it cleans up, which is primarily what i use to switch between clean and overdrive until i get the footswitch - even then, i'll probably end up using it as a AC30TB gain boost for my strat and using button 2 to go to manual for the settings i use for the jet king.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i personally really like the boutique od. also the black 2x12 is great.

but yeah,check out www.valvetronix.net and www.patchtronix.com
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

i usually switch between the Black2x12 or AC30. i think those are the only 2 settings i use right now.

and yeah, valvetronix.net do have some cool settings
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
The Vox Valvetronix series are great amps. I have an AD30VT, which really sold me on their tone and modeling ability. Went to GC's Labor Day sale and ended up coming home with a Vox half stack in my sig. Schweet! It's pure LVE.
Acoustics: Washburn D52SW, Yamaha FG730S
Electrics: Idol WI64D, Squier '51, Squier Standard Strat Ltd. Ed., Agile ST-1000, Epi Dot Studio
Amps: Epi Triggerman 60DSP, Vox AD30VT (w/Celestion G10 & Sovtek tube) & AD100VTH + V412BK
Quote by marvelboy_04
i personally really like the boutique od. also the black 2x12 is great.

but yeah,check out www.valvetronix.net and www.patchtronix.com

Also there is a VOX forum thread at Fender going back more than two years with lots of good info:

http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=470584
Cool, I'm selling my MG and buying one as well. I was going to buy the 15W, but with the 30 I can at least play over drums.

Once I get into Gigging I'm going to go tube though.
Vox should copy Line 6, by putting an AD preamp into a tube poweramp!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Those amps are great little things, ive seen a few tribute bands use them i guess its because there versitile, i saw a shadows tribute band use them and a queen tribute band use them they both got great sounds out of them! have fun with your new amp
im also either gonna get a vox ad50vt or a ibanez mimx 65 and selling my mg hehe

anyone tried the new ibanez amp? ive tried the vox 50 and its cool but the ibanez has got a built in tuner and drum machine.
first mistake, LAST MISTAKE!!!!

currently have my septum, tongue and labret pierced
shall be starting on my ears soon
Vox Valvetronix Users Unite!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by Tombe
Same amp as mine! It's fantastic, isn't it? My main sound is the boutique clean amp set to give quite a jangly tone with chorus and reverb. The AC30 sound is great too, if you set it just to the point of break-up.

I like to do that too...

The way that gain knob works with the AC30 and Tweed settings is amazing. You can get some nice tube like breakup tone.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows