I am trying to make a MIJ DS-1 using schematics from here

There are some arrows that stop abruptly on the diagram. Does anyone know what those are? For example there is one such arrow near the Check LED.

Any other comments that wud help me get thru building this? I wud appreciate any help cos this is my 1st Pedal build ( i built other DIY kits before ).
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Last edited by zizou510 at Sep 6, 2007,
You don't want to build the DS-1. It's complicated and doesn't sound THAT good. Try a Distortion+ or any of the Shaka builds.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
i bought the parts
its too late.

I like the ds-1 tho..
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Unless you already have the PCB, it's a whole lot cheaper and easier to buy one and mod it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
hmm.. Shd i build the mxr dist+ then? the schematic looks easier.. But the IC TA7136P and diodes that i bought wud go to waste. ($10SGD).

This is the Japanese spec DS-1 so i thought it wud be worth it.. Not the taiwanese (current) model.
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Last edited by zizou510 at Sep 6, 2007,
It might be worth it, but again, without a PCB, it would be a major pain.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
because there like a billion parts that the DS-1 uses

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Haha i realised that at the shop.

I need some experience.. Hope i build a distortion pedal soon.
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Try to do the Keeley mod whilst you're building it. Keeley modded sounds a lot better than stock.
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
Whr can i find the keeley mod? Is it compatible with the MIJ ds-1?
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
A DS-1 is totally not worth building. Save the parts and make something else instead; you'll be able to use them for another pedal eventually.
What other pedals can i build then? Distortion type
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
i dun use fuzz, and not really a fan of it too.
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Quote by zizou510
i dun use fuzz, and not really a fan of it too.

www.diystompboxes.com << Have a look in the schematic archives for something that tickles your fancy.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Les Paul, did u build your own or buy one?
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live