My friends[ plays better than me(i consider them as my teachers)] told me to practice to use pick...

The problem is... it doesnt sound good in my guitar[ coz i use a nylon one(Classical)]
Dunno is it me? or the pick and the Guitar T__T

i feel more comfortable strumming without pick tho.. and using plucking technic w/o pick...
i just use my tumb and the rest of my fingers except the smallest ^__^

and best advices..
should i stick playing using my own way..
or follow what they told me?
what are the advantage of player using a pick?
diffrence? pick and no pick?
Honestly, I would say stick to your own way - using a pick for classical guitar, I'll agree it doesn't sound right really - it works fine for steel-stringed guitars (acoustic & electrics) but for nylon it's better to just use what you were born with.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
ehh i prefer to play the classical guitar with my my bare hands
proficiency in both with and without a pick would be nice though :P
Eh, I play songs on my classical guitar that I need a pick for an it sounds fine. It's just a matter of practice. This said, I would be using the pic for alt picking at a speed I still haven't developed in my finger, for strumming I always use a combination of my fingers and thumb.
Just practice, there's a lot of guitarist that use the pick on nylon stringed guitar (i.e. Malmsteen) and sound fine. Besides, maybe in the future when you're planning to buy an acoustic or electric, be able to use the pick will come handy.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
in my opinion nylon strings are used to make the notes sound muffled/softer. So using a pick might sort of go against what you're trying to achieve with nylons.
i see i see...
thanks for the replies..
i think ill go on my own way for now tho..
maybe someday ill give time practising using a pick but not for my classical guitar XD
its sounds awkward ^^
I'd say keep playing with yout fingers, but practice with a plectrum if you think you might want to get an electric or steel string guitar in the future.

I love playing electric but you cant beat a nice smooth acoustic guitar (especially classical, im playing mine now in fact!).
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I play electric and acoustic
and I think its better to play the acoustic with your fingers
specially if its a nylon string like mine
Quote by El Cumanés
Just practice, there's a lot of guitarist that use the pick on nylon stringed guitar (i.e. Malmsteen) and sound fine. Besides, maybe in the future when you're planning to buy an acoustic or electric, be able to use the pick will come handy.

i finally take control of the pick XD
sounds good in strumming..
it emphasize the sound[sounds louder i guess]
quite good...
but i think its better in steel string guitar...
coz in my nylon i hear the sound of the plastic pick hitting a plastic string heheheh XD
a player who's any good with a pick on a steel strung acoustic will sound just as amazing on a nylon so anyone who says you shouldn't use a pick with a nylon strung acoustic/classical is a moron.

Do what sounds good, if it is sounding harsh and not very listenable then maybe switch to a far, far softer pick.
There isn't really anything wrong with not using a pick. I don't play with a pick at all and I've never really felt a desire to. Granted, most stuff I play is softer "chill" music. But even the more upbeat stuff sounds good with a bare thumb doing the strumming. It's a different sound, a different style. Can it hurt to learn to use a pick? Nope. But if you feel more comfortable with bare fingers and find the sound more appealing then do that. Fingerstyle guitar is very cool, in my opinion.