I have just started dabbling in bass, however I used 2 fingers to pick. Ive been reading some stuff, and it reccomends 3 fingers, so I was wondering if you guy's could give me some good excercises or basic songs to make the switch easier. Thanks in advance.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Dodging? Pansy. We don't dodge where i come from.

As for the pain factor, just get used to the pain. Punch various objects such as walls, trees, floors, your mother, rocks, table etc. Just generally anything hard.
For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica is good for 3 fingers, cause it has a lot of tripplets.

But really, any song with tripplets is good for 3 fingers.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica is good for 3 fingers, cause it has a lot of tripplets.

But really, any song with tripplets is good for 3 fingers.

+1. Also watch the live video of that song with Cliff on bass to get you inspired
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
I just learned a few Metallica songs, learned them with two then slowly introduced the third finger in there during certain riffs.....+1 to For Whom the Bell Tolls though...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The hardest part about 3 fingers is always keeping them alternating. The best songs to learn with 3 fingers? All the songs you can play with 2.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
when playing with 3 fingers, which is the proper way:

321321321321321............. always starting with the ring finger, or this:

123212321232123..............so it's alternating and less "gallopy"
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
when playing with 3 fingers, which is the proper way:

321321321321321............. always starting with the ring finger, or this:

123212321232123..............so it's alternating and less "gallopy"

The second one. I only use the first for situations where I want that uneven sound, because, for the most part, you don't want your volume jumping around, you want clean, smooth lines.
yea i'd say the second way, when you pick with two fingers do you start with you middle or your ring? i always start with my ring, so i personally would go with the second way