I've got a simple setup: guitar - distortio pedal - amp. But no matter what I do I am getting way too much feedback and not enough volume. I keep my guitar at about 8, my pedal there is level, 4 band eq, and gain, and I leave all of those at about 12 o' clock. My amp only has one channel so I don't use the distortion on it. It also has no volume, only pre and post gain. I have the pre gain at like 1.5-2 and the post gain at about 5. It's not even close to earsplitting, it can barely compete with the drums, but for some reason I am getting a ridiculous amount of feedback. If anyone out there could lend me some knowledge that would be great. Thanks.
What's your specific equipment?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i used to get a lot of feedback, then i turned my tone knob down and i didn't get any more
get a noise gate, they tend to cut feedback
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
maybe u got a cheap guitar or amp.. used to happen to me to then i got a guitar with some EMG's and a nice amp,volume all the way up and no feedback...

It also dosnt happen with my friends S.Duncan guitar so its not the EMG's that kill the feedback but im sure they help..
Turn the gain down, volume up, and stand further away from the amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Stand further away from the amp, don't face the amp with your guitar (you should be between your guitar and the amp), and try taking the back plate off of your guitar to make sure it is properly shielded.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Quote by punx642
I've got a simple setup: guitar - distortio pedal - amp. But no matter what I do I am getting way too much feedback and not enough volume. I keep my guitar at about 8, my pedal there is level, 4 band eq, and gain, and I leave all of those at about 12 o' clock. My amp only has one channel so I don't use the distortion on it. It also has no volume, only pre and post gain. I have the pre gain at like 1.5-2 and the post gain at about 5. It's not even close to earsplitting, it can barely compete with the drums, but for some reason I am getting a ridiculous amount of feedback. If anyone out there could lend me some knowledge that would be great. Thanks.
noise supressor is 1 idea, put ur gain down on ur pedal, cause when u play on high volum, the amp create his own dist.. i promese u, ur distortion wont be missed, just get volum up with some dist and dist down a bit, cause if u have hight volum + much gain on ur dist... u will get noise and feedback as u already know
u might say u play with ur fingers, but no, everything comes from ur heart ,your feeling, and the blood whos pumping in ur fingers when u shredd<3 !!! :

Being guitarist is not easy, but when u have done ur homework its heaven!!!!
Last edited by loly_alx at Sep 6, 2007,