A lot of songs I want to play are all in drop c, but I can't get there. Do I need a special tuner, or is there and easier way to get to drop c?
any tuner will work. just tune as follows 1-6

d, a, f, c, d, c

basically just tune down a whole step then drop your low string another whole step.
Quote by insecticide
any tuner will work. just tune as follows 1-6

d, a, f, c, d, c

basically just tune down a whole step then drop your low string another whole step.

It's CGCFAD/DAFCGC.

You tune everything a whole step down except your E which goes down 2 steps, you don't need a special tuner to do it.

Fret the 4th fret on the E and tune down to E.
Fret the 2nd on the A, D, G, B & e strings and tune down to the standard.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
ahh crap. rofl. i get confused trying to write out tunings for a 6 string guitar. hehe. the 5th string should be a g yeah, i was thinking the e string because its the second from the bottom for me. lol.
some tuners are horrible with low tunings.. i tried to go to Drop Bb with a crappy tuner and it wouldn't even pick up the note. if worst comes to worse, go to one step down with the tuner and use your ear to tune low E. that's what i usually did until i got my BOSS tuner.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.