I'm just curious, as I'm arranging for a number of bands to play locally. For a 30-45 minute set, what is an average amount to pay them?
Quote by BullonParade
get them to sell a certain amount of tickets, say 25, at £5/$5 each, and then any other tickets sold goes to them. thats how my bands do it and we make pretty good money.

well, is it costing you to use the venue?

Yeah, its costing £50 for the venue itself, plus whatever for any equipment and security. By security, I mean 2 or 3 bouncers.
Quote by BullonParade
well fair enough, set a certain amount of tickets to sell, and get them to reach it. that means you get a decent crowd and enough to pay for it. then the bands have an incentive to sell cos they can make money from it.

I was planning on having it more of a "pay at the door" kind of thing.
Quote by MakinLattes
it's usually a percent of the door.

About how much? 5 percent? Im planning on having about 4 or 5 bands play. I dont want to be stingy or anything, but I'm still looking to make some profit.

One of my mates is in a band, and he said he generally gets about £25 per show.
I don't understand your insane monetary system. maybe 15-35 percent, depending on how much you make.
I hate it when my band has to pay to play. Dont do that! depending on how much your tickets cost, give each band a percent of how many people pay to see them at the door. (which means you will have to keep a tally of who came to see which band.) If the show is like $7 then give them $2. If its $10 then give them $3 maybe. Just make sure you have enough to pay for the show. I know my band would be more than happy to play any decent show for free, and not get paid anything at all! Keep that in mind!
"you will be paid with the honor of playing, now get the **** on that stage"
or after the band's played
"you didn't know? This is a charity event, we don't have money to dish out randomly"

Or just say, 30% of the door after the initial costs.
Quote by _Tenacious_
"you didn't know? This is a charity event, we don't have money to dish out randomly"

30%!? There are going to be about 5 bands playing. I could hardly afford to pay 150% to the bands

But I think I'll tell the bands that they get £1.50 out of every ticket they sell, and if they aren't happy with that, we can negotiate a fixed price. That way, they have an incentive to promote, I suppose.
Quote by _Tenacious_

A girl I know was organising a charity event, and one of the bands was moaning and wanted to be paid more...
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3