it's easy. diagrams are included in pickups, and online at the website for whatever pickups you have. if your switching to EMG's i'm pretty sure they have quik-connect ****'s that are easy.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
yeah its easy. just gotta know what you are doing, like he said about the diagrams, they make life easy. i always keep one around when im soldering just for reference even though ive done it 10000 times,
It's dead easy. Just keep a diagram around and interchange them with the old ones wire by wire.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
It's easy. When I changed the pickups on my guitar, I hadn't touched a soldering iron in ten years. I had never modded a guitar before, and I was assisted by a friend who is rather incompetent. And it actually worked fine with no complications, coil-splitting set up right and everything. I just followed the diagram that came with the pups.
Yep, it's not hard at all.

Another good idea is to make yourself a drawing of the existing wiring, or take a few pictures with a digital camera. When I replaced a pickup in my tele copy I took about a dozen pics of the wiring from every angle, it was well worth the 10 minutes to take pics and load them onto the computer.

I can do some basic soldering.

I'm assuming you mean a little, and you're not great at it...that's not an insult, I've met very few people who actually know how to solder correctly, I was taught by a guy who soldered calculators together for Westinghouse for 8 years.

One of the best soldering tips I ever got is to make sure you always have a bit of solder on the tip before you touch it to the wires/contacts. It makes the solder flow rather quickly because the already melted solder transfers heat super fast. Just a tiny blob is all you need, a ball the size of a pinhead is sufficient. Get in there and out QUICK, and you'll get a good solder job. I use flux, just a little makes a huge difference, I hate flux core solder.

Also, tin the wires and contacts first. Just melt some solder onto the iron and touch it to the fluxed wire or contact. Soon as a little solder flows onto it you're done, and the final soldering job will go much quicker, solder will flow better and you have a much better chance of a good solid solder joint. I never ever solder without tinning first...and I have guitar cables I've used for 10 years without re-soldering...I think the patch cords on my pedalboard are older than that. (But they don't get stepped on)
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
^good tips
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
I guarantee there are videos on youtube on how to change pickups
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I looked at the title and thought you were talking about changing the pickups via the p-up selector. I need some sleep.
Quote by kaptink
I looked at the title and thought you were talking about changing the pickups via the p-up selector. I need some sleep.

So did I...
Quote by kaptink

xD