So I've been playing around with my Agile 3100, and I wanted to know what a good low action string height would be for both the high and low E strings at the 12th fret. I'd like some sustain as well, I don't want THE lowest action possible, but I prefer lower action guitars.

Also, a questiion about neck adjustment... Do you guys just eyeball the straightness of the neck sometimes? Is that accurate at all? How should I go about doing it without eyeballing the neck? (I always just eyeball it, which I'm sure isn't that smart of a thing to do >>
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

to measure relief slap a capo on your first fret. fret the 12th fret with your right index finger, then see how much space there is between the string and the actualy 6th/7th fret. if there is no space, you have no relief, if you have a good bit, you have to much relief. if its just barely any space at all, just enough to move up and down, your neck should be good.
Thanks for the neck advice. Anyone have any string height suggestions?

How does 2/32 for the high e and 3/32 for the low E sound? Or do they measure in 64s... I can't remember. :'(

EDIT: If I don't have a Capo, do you have any household remedies for fretting that first fret so I can really get a hands on view of the 6/7 fret area?
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220

No string height setting suggestions?
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220