well i think im doinng acoustic guitar for my solo piece and it cant be my own song soo...i dont know what to play so help dudes :] i need summit just to show off my skill for everythingg on acoustic at a decent length ^^
it depends how easy or hard you want it

and what you'd class easy or hard
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley's always a classic.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
i played paranoid android and got full marks! it is varied - plucking bits, slow strumming bits etc
I took GCSE music, who told you you needed an acoustic piece?
The practical pieces are only -
- Self composed song
- Terminal Task (30 mins to record after studying a set of given chords/rythms)
- Performance Piece (any song)

I recieved 15/15 for my self composed song (10 marks content, 5 marks techincality)
15/15 for my performance piece (Played Grade 7 piece)

And the terminal task is next year after easter some time.
Quote by _Tenacious_
I took GCSE music, who told you you needed an acoustic piece?
The practical pieces are only -
- Self composed song
- Terminal Task (30 mins to record after studying a set of given chords/rythms)
- Performance Piece (any song)

For GCSE music, you need a solo piece, and in a group. It was his choice to do acoustic for the solo.
naww im not singing, solo as in just guitar...might sing for my duet peice if i can though :] hit me as hard as you can...i got a whole year to learn it, thing is i wanna know what i wanna do now!.
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
For GCSE music, you need a solo piece, and in a group. It was his choice to do acoustic for the solo.

The performance piece is just that, it can be solo or ensemble.
Quote by _Tenacious_
The performance piece is just that, it can be solo or ensemble.

We had to do both.
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica. It would be my choice anyway. I can't think of anything else acoustic which is impressive. Actually, Street Spirit by Radiohead is great fun to play. Learn that. Not Nothing Else Matters.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Why not Little Wing- on a 12 string acoustic. like SRV or Hendrix.
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Classical Gas!
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Mist or Ocean by John Butler Trio

Mist would probably be better
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Classico
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Quote by Peanut1614
Classico

Without the lyrics, that's actually a fairly good suggestion.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Without the lyrics, that's actually a fairly good suggestion.

nahh itll be more funny with the lyrics ha but nahh, something a bit more harderr than classico haha :] i wanna f***in impress ppl mann! so much theyll like give me 120% ha :]
Quote by Tomamo5
nahh itll be more funny with the lyrics ha but nahh, something a bit more harderr than classico haha :] i wanna f***in impress ppl mann! so much theyll like give me 120% ha :]

Have you ever tried playing Classico? It's not exactly simple. I'd say it's impressive enough.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It does look good to play and sounds great! Especially the fast bit, its not all taht hard to play if you work on it, say 2 weeks to have it perfect?
Quote by cakemonster91

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Playing published song's isn't the way to go. You'd get a much higher grade playing a piece focused purely on guitar (like from a grade 7/8 book). If you're really set on playing a song, make sure it has complexity, technical brilliance and flare (like i added effects/pedals etc). Good luck.
Quote by _Tenacious_
Playing published song's isn't the way to go. You'd get a much higher grade playing a piece focused purely on guitar (like from a grade 7/8 book). If you're really set on playing a song, make sure it has complexity, technical brilliance and flare (like i added effects/pedals etc). Good luck.

Yeah, he should use effects on his acoustic guitar...

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Im just saying add flare, and yes it is possible to add effects to acoustic guitar. Its called a recording studio and 'equipment'.

SO you obviously know alot about these things.
That's wrong, why play a grade 7/8 piece when all you need is a grade 3? There is absolutely no point in complicating things.
Quote by cakemonster91

grade 3 if you want a C. Plus, if you're on an A borderlining A*, a well played grade 7/8 piece will take you to an A* most likely.
At GCSE level a well performed grade 4 or 5 piece will get you a decent grade, when combined with the rest of your marks. I only did a couple of grade 6 pieces for my 5 mins AS recital, yet i still came out with a B. Im aiming to get some grade 7 or 8 pieces ready for my 20 min recital next year.
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN NoOb LaWl !!11!!!!!!!1!!!!

joking aside. Another hero lost - shawdows fall
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
"Desperado" by The Eagles?
"Angie" by The Rolling Stones?
Quote by wastingtime
chavs haha such a funny word, in my house we call them ferals

Member Number 6 Of The "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub

POLICE till I die!
I did layla - with the solo. Pretty easy, but I scored 15/15.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

lol yarr i know how to play classico matee. well you dont really need to do a grade 8 piece to get an A*, grade 3 youll probs get a good score apparently...but i never done gradess since i completely self taught myself on guitar...lmao :]
Nooooo. Angelina is so much better
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
I thought a Grade 4 piece performed perfectly and precisely is just enough to get an A*. So long as you have enough time to master it, any piece that you find exciting enough to perform with proper pashion should be great.
john butler-ocean
michael chapdelaine-come together
andy mckee-drifting
justin king-phunkdified
michael hedges-aerial boundaries

thats my little difficult acoustic repertoire, maybe you could try one.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"