Page 1 of 2
Rules are simple:

- 9-12 can sign up (maybe more depending on how fast the spots go).
- Due date will be set once enough people have signed up.
- To sign up just leave a post in this thread saying "I'm in" (or something like that).

To qualify for this competition you must have a join date of anytime after May 1st, 2007.... no exceptions.

If you finished in the top 3 for the previous months competition then you can not compete in this month's.

Pieces can be PMed to me any time after the due date has been set.

Have fun.

1)TheThingKills
2)Apocalypse_Sons
3)RRRUBEN
4)Ant kilden
5)Twitch Galvy
6)theodore_mage
7)Mr_BTP
8)Muse-Sick
9)kelleyjay101

DUE DATE IS midnight of Sept. 26th at the absolute latest.... but get your pieces in ASAP ... the month is running out so I'd like to get this started as soon as possible.
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Sep 19, 2007,
Im in.
I think? im not sure when i joined and i cant find it in my profile but if it is in my profile and i cant find it then i must be a noob!
gear:
Yamaha ERG 121 (new paint job, new strings, new pickups, new electronics!)
Washburn HB 30, sunburst finish.
yamaha amp (came with guitar)
Quote by Innocrested
Im in.
I think? im not sure when i joined and i cant find it in my profile but if it is in my profile and i cant find it then i must be a noob!

you can't be in . Your joining date is jan2007 and bass has stated anytime after May 1

I'm so bored !!
Hi
yo im in. and sorry bout the August Comp. i couldnt get to a computer
Birdie Birdie in the sky, why'd you do that in my eye? Looks like Sugar, Tastes like sap.....OMG ITS BIRDIE CRAP!
so what happens if no one else joins?
Birdie Birdie in the sky, why'd you do that in my eye? Looks like Sugar, Tastes like sap.....OMG ITS BIRDIE CRAP!
^then i guess all three of you guys will get some points haha.

if you know any newbies let them know about this... sign-ups are getting slower and slower each month and it's getting annoying.
haha that would be sveet. i dont know any noobs, ill get my friend to make a UG profile and join. so im confused about the points, do we actually get points to are UG score?
Quote by RRRUBEN
haha that would be sveet. i dont know any noobs, ill get my friend to make a UG profile and join. so im confused about the points, do we actually get points to are UG score?

No the points you will get will be for S+L . UG Score is the whole different thing.
Hi
abhishek21, your bugging me, please leave me alone.
Quote by RRRUBEN

You hate me because i reported your thread. I did that because ur thread title was wrong and what i posted here in this thread was to help you.

Don't worry . I'll leave u alone now
Hi
Quote by RRRUBEN

Don't be a jerk. When reporting you, he was right, you were wrong, I would have done the same. Now he was helping you and your reaction was behaving like a twat. If you can't cope with the way things work around here, I think you should think about what you want to do in UG, because this is a help all forum, and your attitude is the type that is frowned upon.
Last edited by confusius at Sep 9, 2007,
^^ Agreed. I got reported for accidently bumping my thread lol (I forgot about bumping) I didnt give the people who reported me mouth, they did the right thing.
O Hai der.
alright gentlemen... take it to PMs if you must... but let's stick to the matters at hand here.
It's simple as pie. You just say you are in(which you are I suppose), then when sign ups are filled or the due date is set, you will have to PM a piece to the thread starter, in this case, bassbeat.

I'll be in
As the angel kisses me once again
You scream poison as you glare
Your bow and arrow by your side
As if you cared

It's a mour......astral congregation
ill go ahead and sign up. i <3 teh pointz

EDIT: this means ill have to write something again..... damn

DOUBLE EDIT: after searching my HD, i found something useful
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Last edited by Mr_BTP at Sep 15, 2007,
sweet... finally!

okay the official due date is midnight of Sept. 26th.... BUT... I want everyone to get me their pieces ASAP... the sooner I can put the polls up, the better.
PM'ed
Quote by RomanCandle37
Can I still enter?

You can be a sub. So send me a piece and then if somebody else doesn't submit I'll use yours.
Quote by bassbeat77
...sign-ups are getting slower and slower each month and it's getting annoying.
Just a thought on that. Maybe you and the staff could consider modifying the newbie contest rules. Open provisional rules for "pseudo newbies". People who haven't submitted a work to S&L for crit before the join date cutoff for real newbies would be considered a pseudo newbie, regardless of join date. Any of them could enter the contest on a provisional basis. Set a hard cut-off date for submission. Real newbies get selected first, any leftover slots are filled by pseudo newbies.

Obviously this will take some time to evaluate and/or refine this idea, but it might be worth considering for future contests.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^hmmm... you know what? I might just give that a try for next month. And Steve or Carmel... if you're reading this let me know what you think.

It would be a little more work on my part because I would have to go and check their posting history, but that's easy enough.

Thanks SYK... I'm gonna seriously consider that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Just a thought on that. Maybe you and the staff could consider modifying the newbie contest rules. Open provisional rules for "pseudo newbies". People who haven't submitted a work to S&L for crit before the join date cutoff for real newbies would be considered a pseudo newbie, regardless of join date. Any of them could enter the contest on a provisional basis. Set a hard cut-off date for submission. Real newbies get selected first, any leftover slots are filled by pseudo newbies.

Obviously this will take some time to evaluate and/or refine this idea, but it might be worth considering for future contests.

Hehe, I was going to ask about this, since I've never posted in here before (the contest sub-forum) and next month my join date would not be eligible. I wanted to start fresh, if you know what I mean.
Quote by hard_rock101
if i started a brutal death metal band, id call it Bleeding Asshole
Quote by abdulalhazred
I really don't know whether I hope this is a troll thread or not....... I mean...either he raped a girl
Or thinks it's ****ing hilarious to joke about it.
He's a monster either way.
PM = private message

if you're looking to compete in this you're really late... but i'll make an exception since i could use one more piece to round things off nicely... can you get me a piece within an hour or two?
Page 1 of 2