So I just got an amp yesterday and tried to play when I got home. The amp works fine, and it's definitely my guitar. I have no signal coming through to the amp or my tuner and I was wondering what could cause this.

I have tried different cables also and have taken a look at the input jack to my guitar to see if the wiring had come loose or fried. but I found no signs of damage.

Any ideas???
Open the back see if the wires from the pickup are ok.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I concur with checking the wiring. Also make sure that the input jack is tightened.

On a side note, this is gonna sound really weird, and I don't mean it in an insulting way, but is the volume nob on your guitar turned on? My buddy got all worried because his tuner wouldn't work and nothing came out of the amp and that was why :P.
if the guitar worked fine before this through other amps , definitely try buying new cables.
then make sure
what model amp is it?
theres no like standby setting on your amp...?
the guitar wiring would be the last thing to check if your a begginer.
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Medium head

Ibanez RG1570 Black with Green Dimarzios (For Sale)
Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/59)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Metal Muff
DOD Death metal
Cry baby Wah
try the switching cables i had this problem my self check if the switch is moving when u turn it
I'm pretty sure if your guitar has active pickups, then the battery needs to be changed. but switch cables and whatnot too.
I have eliminated any issues with it being cables or a standby feature. I am going to open up the back and check out the wiring there. But from what I have eliminated, either my pickups are shot or the wiring is messed up.

On a side note, I purchased a Crate FXT 120 for $200 from a buddy who used twice in a one month period. So I figured I got a fairly good beginner amp, in the sense that it is versatile with effects and everything.
if you cant see it try the ground wire or havent checked out,had the same happen with my seven string
make sure you get good cables. the little cable that came with my first guitar died so then my friend let me have his (had the same guitar and cable) and they both just stopped working after you used them so much. then I made the mistake of buying like a 20' cable from radioshack and the end broke off not long after I got it when I was unplugging it or something now I have a bullet cable and it's bad as hell.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
i second (or third or fourth, is it?) the output jack. if you have a mid-lower to lower end guitar theres a good chance those silly asians did a ****ty job wiring the ground on the output jack... ive seen it a million times.
are there strings on your guitar?

just kidding.

Its probably the pickup switch to volume knob wire gone bad or effed up, i rarely ever see pickups just randomly die, well no, ive never seen that, there are usually sure-fire signs of pickups dying before they actually go.
Quote by blind nate
i second (or third or fourth, is it?) the output jack. if you have a mid-lower to lower end guitar theres a good chance those silly asians did a ****ty job wiring the ground on the output jack... ive seen it a million times.

+1 happened on my first guitar and I ended up ****ing up the wiring because I'd screw it back in with the jack in it because I was a noob
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
i would take your guitar to a shop and ask if you can use one of their amps and cables to check if its your guitar or not before taking it apart and go from there, i'm sure they wouldn't mind if you bought something cheap like a pack of strings or picks
i reckon its either input jack or if u have active pickups then maybe the batery needs replacing
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"