Page 1 of 2
I want a Mac and need it for music technology course! but im not sure in which one i should get...i will use it for my music, internet,videos and a few games so just general use but mostly for like cubase and stuff like that so which system should i get?

Don't be annoying and say none Pc are better....Because for what im doing they really arn't
Doesn't Matter that much....I get 30% off from the college but i don't want to go mad so about 1k around there...
Quote by II HaZzA II
Don't be annoying and say none Pc are better....Because for what im doing they really arn't

Dang it that ruined my wittily planned reply of "a PC". Ah well, I might as well...

A PC!
Macs arn't like PCs where a 500 dollar PC might be better in different areas than another 500 dollar PC. If you want a laptop, get the one around 1k, if you want a Desktop get one around 1k. There's not a whole lot of variety.
when i was looking at macbooks i thought i would get same specs as the black one but in white...
Quote by II HaZzA II
when i was looking at macbooks i thought i would get same specs as the black one but in white...

Yeh, thats what I almost did. I got slightly lower specs but pretty much that. The white one looks awesome and it is fantastic. They are definitely worth the money. I didn't think a MacBook Pro would be worth the extra...
Listen man when it comes to ram don't worry about it. for an extra gig of ram it's like 100 bucks, get seprete RAM off of ebay for cheeper, cause when you look at the different models, most of what your paying for the better one is just the RAM.
Ha there's a thread on this at least once a week.
Get the midrange macbook, upgrade the RAM yourself.
And buy a mic.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
MacBook pro is good and doesnt cost that ****ing much.
My uncle works for apple so i asked about ****.
Quote by Evil_Magician
MacBook pro is good and doesnt cost that ****ing much.
My uncle works for apple so i asked about ****.

MacBook Pros START at over $2,000.

His range, he said, is about 1,000.

I want a 15.4" MacBook Pro, with the better processor and whatnot. That would be what I get, but, again, not in his range. =/
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by II HaZzA II
I want a Mac

I'm sorry.

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
Quote by fallenangel20
MacBook Pros START at over $2,000.

His range, he said, is about 1,000.

I want a 15.4" MacBook Pro, with the better processor and whatnot. That would be what I get, but, again, not in his range. =/

He means £1000, i think, which is almost $2000, and he gets discount...
when i said 1k i meant UK pound so actualy about $2000 but i dnt mind putting more in if its worth it
Quote by sadistic_monkey
You could probably get a good PC and some decent music software for the price of a Mac.

Or he could get a great computer with better music software by buying a Mac...
Quote by bequickorbedead
He means £1000, i think, which is almost $2000, and he gets discount...

Dammit, I didn't look at his location. =/

My bad.

But, yea, MacBook Pro, then.

The stock, 15.4" 2.2GHz is nice, and it has decent RAM. Then there's the 15.4" 2.4GHz, and has more RAM and whatnot.

The 2.4 is the one I want, but both are nice.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
some people don't understand...I want a Mac to me they are like 100 times better than PC argue as much as you want at the end of the day its opinion...I want a Mac so thats what i will get now no more people saying to get a PC...your just wasting your time

Does it matter about Macbook pro in which one to get or can i just get stock one and have a really good laptop?
i think stock you'll be set.
macbook pro's are serious business though.
make sure to buy it for serious computing power.

my friend's girlfriend got one, and it's SUCH a waste of power.
she goes on myspace and listens to music. that's IT.
what a ****ing waste of a macbook pro and money.
all needed was a base stock macbook.
well i will be using it for 2 years doing work for college aswell as my own uses at home and the band....
One of my friends has had a Macbook Pro for 4+ years, and it still screams with a 1 GHz processor. Go pro. The stock one will easily last you for 2 years and will keep up. Wait for a few months though if you can, so you can get Leopard. And if you REALLY need windows, use boot camp or parallels. It works just as good.
+ 1 for the mac comic.

Mac's ****ty advertising alone turns me off.

Rather than point out the benefits of a mac (and because of their commercials I'm pretty sure there are none anyway), they point out the flaws in a PC.
DON'T GET A MACBOOK!!!!

I use one at work, the mouse pad is awful and the keyboard is ridiculously tiny. The desktop Macs are decent though.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Quote by zetaspartan2552
One of my friends has had a Macbook Pro for 4+ years, and it still screams with a 1 GHz processor. Go pro. The stock one will easily last you for 2 years and will keep up. Wait for a few months though if you can, so you can get Leopard. And if you REALLY need windows, use boot camp or parallels. It works just as good.

thats quite an achievement, given that macbook pros have only existed for a year and a half.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
thats quite an achievement, given that macbook pros have only existed for a year and a half.

well then he treats his like **** and lies. its all scratched up and told me it was 4+ years old. But still, it is amazing, whether it is only 1 and a half years old.
Quote by II HaZzA II
well i will be using it for 2 years doing work for college aswell as my own uses at home and the band....

LOL yeah. sounds like an upgraded macbook should be fine.
i've had mine for a year now. in college and home.
and it should easily handle your band needs.
2 years, messing around with editing music, typing word docs, and surfing UG
aounds like a macbook's job.

macbook pro is pro tools, heavy photoshop, etc.
but it's up to you. macbook pros are expensive (bling bling, bitches!) and fancy looking.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

it could be a powerbook G4. which looks like a macbook pro but has been out since 2001.
side by side comparison:

research is nice isn't it
macbook being awful comment...I wont use the mouse pad i will buy a mouse for it... i ca't use the mouse pad on anything!! the small keyboard is something i can get used to...
how much ram does the macbook pro have stock?...

how hard is it to upgrade the ram?

i am also looking at buying one for myself. setting up a home recording studio.
Quote by original=punk

i had to.

the person who drew that cartoon wasn't even intelligent enough to understand those adverts

'No thinly-coated subliminal imagery here" Well, NO **** SHERLOCK

Sorry, that made me giggle.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Page 1 of 2