I've been playing guitar for a year now and have started looking into possible amps. I've been outbid on Roland Cubes and Vox Valvetronix (both the 30 watt versions) but have recently come accross 2 amps: the Peavey Studio Pro 112 and Peavey Envoy 110:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-Guitar...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-Envoy-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I was wondering how these amps compare with, say a Roland Cube 30 or Vox AD30VT. I am aware that a little bit of extra money could get me a better amp but I've played through a Cube 30 and was perfectly happy with its sound so would like to know how these amps compare.

Any help with how much I should bid up to, which is the better of the 2 would also be much appreciated.
I prefer the Transtube series to either the Cube or the Vox for my style (blues/classic rock.) They sound the closest to tube of all solid-state amps. Either would be great, but the 12" speaker will give you a little more bottom end/punch. You probably wouldn't want to pay more than $200 USD for either of them used. For metal you would be better off with a Cube. I am not a big fan of modeling but the Cube sounds the best to me of modeling amps. It has a lot of gain.
Have you considered a small tube combo? The Crate Palamino 5 watt 110 tube combo was new $200 USD last time I checked. It will sound better than any solid state amp. Would need a pedal for metal.
the peavey bandit II 112 is the single best practice amp out there in my opinion. especially for metal. it also takes pedals brilliantly as the clean channel is very clean!

way better than the cube and better than a vox valvetronix

its got nice built in reverb and loads of inputs and outputs.

check it out
I like the Peavey Transtube Bass amps for playing guitar through.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Sepulturick
the peavey bandit II 112 is the single best practice amp out there in my opinion. especially for metal. it also takes pedals brilliantly as the clean channel is very clean!

way better than the cube and better than a vox valvetronix

its got nice built in reverb and loads of inputs and outputs.

check it out

+1 except its massive
yes the bandit is an amazing practice amp, but it is popular so you might have some stiff competition on ebay. The Studio Pro 112 is a nice amp, in fact most Peavey Transtube amps are nice and can compete with a Cube or Vox any day.