I have to do an oral report on something I like to do and how it's related to physics. So I decided guitar. It has to be related to engineering and/or physics and at least 10 minutes long. I was thinking about doing something with harmonics and frequencies for one sub-topic...

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what else I can include in it?
my guitar teacher always talked about how the strings always try to resume their original shape and stuff like that i think. Also something about always tuning up instead of down because it sounds better or something
UG Villians Club

DRACULA

Quote by James_Water2
I want to bring sexy back and then leave with it and when everyone is like holy crap where did sexy go I'd say I have Sexy and im bring it back again. But then Sexy will leave me and i will be homeless.
since physics...the physics of swinging a guitar around yourself? centriphical force and all that non-sense
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
ya i took physics last year, and although there was a lot about string length/frequencies/harmonics blah blah, that is the only thing u can really say about guitar that has anything whatsoever to do with physics. would be kinda hard to make 10 minutes on "harmonics etc..." but heres something that would prolly suprise a lot, say something about the types of wood that are used in combination with each pickup set: i.e. resonant frequencies.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
ya i took physics last year, and although there was a lot about string length/frequencies/harmonics blah blah, that is the only thing u can really say about guitar that has anything whatsoever to do with physics. would be kinda hard to make 10 minutes on "harmonics etc..." but heres something that would prolly suprise a lot, say something about the types of wood that are used in combination with each pickup set: i.e. resonant frequencies.

yeah try something to the effect of the wood and string thickness, or something like that. Also mention the pickups with magnetism. If you need more, try the strings with waves and how when you detune it, it has more wave frequencies and if you tune it higher, then it has less wave frequencies. You could even bring your guitar in to class if your teacher allowed it, like keep it in the classroom all day and pick it up at the end of the day from that teacher's class. Just thought I'd give some input here because I think it's awesome to use guitars/music for school-related stuff. Good luck on your project, man.
Say something about how the pickups get the sound with electromagnetic fields when the string vibrates. My physics class did a LOT on electromagnetism so that would work for me anyway.